Chipwerke for 2017 Ecoboost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

freddyfcs

Reaction score
I am installing the Chipwerke and PC on Tuesday. After speaking to a couple of forum members about the PC, it sounds like a must have. And, since I have access to 93 octane (which is what I am running stock), it sounds like the proper setting with that gas is 3-1. I will confirm with Chipwerke tomorrow. I am hoping that these mods will eliminate my desire to install a tune.
Let me know what you find out about that because mine is coming on Monday.And I was wondering which setting would be the best for us with 93 gas

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My friend says the second dial is having no affect whatsoever. Minimal changes between settings on the first dial, would likely need a dyno to see. Literature on the web talks about 1.5% changes with the left dial.

Just worried this thing is a giant rheostat that tricks the boost and MAP sensors. With a new long block <5k I am going Whipple route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
Just worried this thing is a giant rheostat that tricks the boost and MAP sensors. With a new long block <5k I am going Whipple route.

You will want to stay completely stock then. Modifing and expecting any kind of warranty coverage a very big... and bad... gamble.

R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

I’m jumpin In on this experiment ... if hate it they have A 30day return policy

Actually its 14 days.
https://www.chipwerke.com/products/chipwerke-pro-gasoline/

"Every ChipWerke Pro system now comes with a 14-day money back guarantee from the receipt date and a 2-year product warranty."

And with any return, it is limited.
https://www.chipwerke.com/terms-and-conditions/

RETURNS:
All returns must be made within 14 days of delivery. A valid Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number must be first obtained by calling VAP INC. at (805) 465-7677. A 10% handling and restocking fee will be assessed for each item returned unless you have made other arrangements with VITALEN AUTO PERFORMANCE INC. All return shipping charges must be prepaid by the buyer. There are no refunds on shipping. All returned items must be in a new, resalable condition. Any item that has been installed on a vehicle will not be accepted for return under any condition.

Your refund is minus what it cost to ship it to you, ie $15 plus a 10% restocking fee and the cost for you to ship it back. Look at the other fine print.

At Freedom Motorsports we discourage returns as you can see you don't get back all your money. But we decided to follow the same return policy set forth by Chipwerke but we will not charge a 10% restocking fee.

Turk10mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I've done some butt Dyno testing and iPhone 0-60 app pulls. I'm certain it's adding a significant amount of power. 0-60 pulls dropped .3-.4 consistently with sport mode, pedal commander off, 72 degrees, 93 octane. The power is there. The biggest problem as stated before is that the stability control doesn't like it. You can feel the truck drop the turbo out even when you dont feel wheel slip.

I'm probably going to switch to 1-1 because I dont like the idea of wot without it. I'm not dragging the truck.

I hope that at 1-1 its low enough to not trip the stability control.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
It’s not clear to me how, or why stability control should be affected by this product. that sounds fishy.

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s not clear to me how, or why stability control should be affected by this product. that sounds fishy.

I don’t think he’s saying it affects the product itself but rather the side effect caused by the easiness at which wheel slip happens to causes the traction control to trigger and cut power to regain traction.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
You might be right. reading the description, the testing initially seems to have been done in 2wd, then 4A + stability disengaged.

@OPT PRIME - did your friend test with 4a and stability control left on?