Chipwerke for 2017 Ecoboost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

freddyfcs

Reaction score
im on it too.Bought 2 sets today of the pedal commander and the chipwerke..one for me and one for my coworker.I have roush intake on my 18 and hes 17 is stock..lets see whats up.
Got a good deal from chris of crown off road btw.

Last edited:

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine purchased one and we spent the past few afternoons playing with it. He had a tank full of 93 so we went for the gusto and set the rotary dials to 3-1. The Raptor is a BEAST.

Initially we saw the boost pulling back 30-40% and we thought it was the computer pulling power based on knock or IAT. Next we dropped down to the base model setting of 1-1 and things improved slightly with the exception that above 5200 revs the boost would again drop off.

After dildoing around with the dials for a countless number of trials we realized it is NOT the computer pulling boost for IAT, knock or rear wheel spin; stability control was pulling boost because of the slip angles we were getting. So we shut off the stability control and the truck spun tires through 3rd gear.... To tame the beast down we put her into 4A with stability control off and the launch was blistering, freakin ridiculous to be honest.

For the final setting we went back to 3 on the first dial (Power) and way up to 7 or 8 on the second dial. That second dial sets when the sensor output voltage gets to a certain voltage and the Chipwerke tapers off its algorithms. With a setting of 1 it dumps quite a bit of power below 5200 revs, at 8 it seems to hold full boost up till 5,800 RPM, which leaves just enough time for a quick 2-3 shift and the 3-4 shift may smack the limiter.

This truck is an entirely different animal. He has a suction cup mounted device he uses for drag racing and the truck showed a 0-60 time of 4.7 seconds with some throttle modulation and rear tire psi at 18.

For most this chip will be a 100% solution. For me, I tow and will likely leave my girl stock. If I do it I will get the Whipple tune because IATs are going to be the problem. For now it is in the low 60s at night and he is happy, well see what happens next summer.

Installation is straight forward.

There is f123cc77a3700d6c5aa607dd098b4262.jpg

d75199e8d40d4b2515e10c433e438041.jpg

d54f8b62d2d52bbcb0e9d3c25bc5601c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Turk10mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for this, so what setting did you end up leaving it on? I probably won't run 93 octane every day so I'm considering just leaving it at 1/1. Is it worth it at the 1/1 or 89 octane on the 2/1 setting?

Spartan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine purchased one and we spent the past few afternoons playing with it. He had a tank full of 93 so we went for the gusto and set the rotary dials to 3-1. The Raptor is a BEAST.

Initially we saw the boost pulling back 30-40% and we thought it was the computer pulling power based on knock or IAT. Next we dropped down to the base model setting of 1-1 and things improved slightly with the exception that above 5200 revs the boost would again drop off.

After dildoing around with the dials for a countless number of trials we realized it is NOT the computer pulling boost for IAT, knock or rear wheel spin; stability control was pulling boost because of the slip angles we were getting. So we shut off the stability control and the truck spun tires through 3rd gear.... To tame the beast down we put her into 4A with stability control off and the launch was blistering, freakin ridiculous to be honest.

For the final setting we went back to 3 on the first dial (Power) and way up to 7 or 8 on the second dial. That second dial sets when the sensor output voltage gets to a certain voltage and the Chipwerke tapers off its algorithms. With a setting of 1 it dumps quite a bit of power below 5200 revs, at 8 it seems to hold full boost up till 5,800 RPM, which leaves just enough time for a quick 2-3 shift and the 3-4 shift may smack the limiter.

This truck is an entirely different animal. He has a suction cup mounted device he uses for drag racing and the truck showed a 0-60 time of 4.7 seconds with some throttle modulation and rear tire psi at 18.

For most this chip will be a 100% solution. For me, I tow and will likely leave my girl stock. If I do it I will get the Whipple tune because IATs are going to be the problem. For now it is in the low 60s at night and he is happy, well see what happens next summer.

Installation is straight forward.

There is f123cc77a3700d6c5aa607dd098b4262.jpg

d75199e8d40d4b2515e10c433e438041.jpg

d54f8b62d2d52bbcb0e9d3c25bc5601c.jpg

What do you mean by 7 or 8 on the second dial? 7 is supposed to be the highest setting and 8 is supposed to be the lowest setting.

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for this, so what setting did you end up leaving it on? I probably won't run 93 octane every day so I'm considering just leaving it at 1/1. Is it worth it at the 1/1 or 89 octane on the 2/1 setting?

He didn't try. 89 octane isn't giving the truck much to work with as it is.

cobra281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see they finally updated the site to include 2017+ raptor... So the post above is all on 93 Octane? Just to be clear because that's all I put in here in CT.. Really thinking about it! Also appears the pedal commander may not be needed?

paulny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see they finally updated the site to include 2017+ raptor... So the post above is all on 93 Octane? Just to be clear because that's all I put in here in CT.. Really thinking about it! Also appears the pedal commander may not be needed?

I am installing the Chipwerke and PC on Tuesday. After speaking to a couple of forum members about the PC, it sounds like a must have. And, since I have access to 93 octane (which is what I am running stock), it sounds like the proper setting with that gas is 3-1. I will confirm with Chipwerke tomorrow. I am hoping that these mods will eliminate my desire to install a tune.