Cheapest you've paid for gas (recently)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdruzik

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No, I'm not that old. But there used to be gas stations on every corner and occasionally they would have what they would call a "Gas War". It was very local just within a few block area and gas would be 19 cents a gallon. One time when I was with a few buddies in high school we scrounged around and all we had was about 87 cents. We put that into gas and cruised all night. Cigarets were 25 cents a pack $2 a carton. Beer was $1.19 a six-pack and my brand new 1966 Mustang was $2,500. When I bought that car I was a box boy making $1.70 and hour part time. The way it was...

Last edited:

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I fill up with 96.5 octain and it 10 cents cheaper then 87 octain. $1.00 cheaper than 91 octain. Last time was 1.44

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There were always a couple stations that were cheaper than the others. This was a northern burb of Denver. I specifically remember a Gasamat station and 28.9 is the lowest I remember. Not old enough to drive yet but old enough to remember the price!

Okay, I was born in 65' and yeah looking it up, gas was around .30¢ in the 50's and 60's but I don't remember that, I was just born! Not much younger than WyoStorm.

I do remember in the early 80's when I WAS BUYING gas, that it was close to .70¢ and that was the low. Usually it was around .87¢

---------- Post added at 08:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 AM ----------

What the hell, that is what is was during WWII. And that was an all time low, back before the 20's it was around .25¢

How old are you driving a raptor around, like 90?

Inflation Adjusted Gasoline Prices

michealj

Reaction score
$1.16 in southeast Kanas today. Won't be long before they figure out a way to drive prices back up. Summer is coming......

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
$0.69 a gallon. had $1.00 off per gallon for up to 35 gallons. some grocery store perk. filled up wifes car for 18 gallons and topped off the truck for the rest. problem was you could only use it once. she pumped first and set them pump on the ground and left. i pulled in behind and started filling. hey, gotta maximize the savings right?