Ceramic Coated Exhaust Tips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what are the advantages or disadvantages between this or anodizing, or even powder coating? which one would be easier to clean? or hold up better to rock chips and so on?

OP
OP
GTS RAPTOR

GTS RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still have the stock exhaust pipes, I just had the tips ceramic coated, then later I got a spray can of high heat flat black paint and prepped and painted the part of the exhaust pipes that you can see from the rear and from the right side wheel well, it looks much better then just having the tips black.
As far as the advantage of having the tips ceramic coated compared to anodizing or powder coating, imo the ceramic coating will hold up better to rock chips and such and also the ceramic coating I had done can handle tempatures up to 1800*, not that I'll ever need that kind of protection but that was the lower temp rating of the two ceramic coatings that were offered by Jet Hot.
Not sure what it would cost to have the tips anodized or powder coated would be, but having them ceramic coated only cost $65.00 plus shipping cost.
Clean up is easy, wash em' off and wipe them down, looks good as new.
The main reason I had the tips coated black is because it looks much better black then the bare metal look of the stock tips.

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks awesome, and sounds good for easy cleaning! an option definately worth looking into. Thanks for the info.

OP
OP
GTS RAPTOR

GTS RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's some more pics of the pipes painted to match the tips.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

DJ BFG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey GTS! I wonder if they can color match? lol but that black looks sick as hell you got me sold I think.

LVdezertdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ressurecting a very old thread...I always liked the look of these and finally had it done. I used Jet Hot also. The black looks good on the white raptor.
IMG_4168.jpg

IMG_4167.jpg

IMG_4166.jpg

IMG_4165.jpg