GEN 2 CargoGlide or Similar?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chuckycastle

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m looking for a solid half-bed slide-out solution for my overlanding build.

I’ve got a 10” rack and tent so don’t want to go the Decked route because I’d lose all the space for cooler/cargo boxes/etc. I also don’t want to go higher on the rack because the Yakima SkyRise tent sits just below the height of the cab when stowed on the rack - so huge win for parking structures.

Because of the 10” rack, however, it’s a pain in the ass to get stuff in/out of the bed. I’d love do to a slide out cargo tray that only takes up half the bed so I can use one half of the tailgate for the stove and slide the other half out for a cooler/prep space/etc.

Anyone got anything?

CBHolman

Reaction score
Hey man,

I'm not a vendor on this forum(I don't know if it matters, but yes I sell these,) but I can share some facts.

DISCLAIMER; I have not had any experience with Highway Products TruckSlide, but I have with the others so here goes.

Bedslide;
Pros:
- The latch and handle are my personal favorite both in function and aesthetics
- Lower load height(i.e the frame supporting system under the platform isn't as tall because its only a 70% extension.)

Cons:
- For me, 70% extension is a waste of putting the slide in in the first place. (Highway Products Truckslide is also only 70% extension.)
- Only 4 D-Ring tie downs

Slidemaster;
Pros:
- You can get 100% or even 120% extension
- You can order with different floor materials. Wood deck, Aluminum in 1/8 or 3/16.

Cons:
- (Maybe a pro depending on your need) In most cases, its used for commercial purposes, so the load height/overall height is taller because they usually are building for max capacity with 100-120% extension.
- The latch and slide locks work(0%, 50%,100% lock), but its not the best integration in my personal opinion.
- No tie downs

All this said, they all work in their own right, just some things to consider.

Another option, which I tend to navigate towards is the CargoGlide.com, for a few reasons, though its still not perfect.

Pros:
- The CG(Insertcapacityneed)XL is an actual 100% extension
- Has side rails 4-8" with infinite access to Heavy duty tie downs.
- Standard with multiple slide locks, which means it can latch on every 1ft increment you open it.(Think if your parked on a hill, even slight incline, if you don't need to get something all the way at the front. You don't want the tray to get away on you and slam all the way out to full extension to lock?) Most of the other brands only have latches when its all the way in, or all the way out, unless specked and then you can sometimes get a slide lock at 50% extension. Also think about when your cooking with your propane grille/griddle you can latch it when its at 25% extension and it becomes your work surface.

Cons:
- The latch isn't as nice as the Bedslide latch.

Hopefully this helps.

Last edited:
OP
OP
chuckycastle

chuckycastle

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey man,

I'm not a vendor on this forum(I don't know if it matters, but yes I sell these,) but I can share some facts.

DISCLAIMER; I have not had any experience with Highway Products TruckSlide, but I have with the others so here goes.

Bedslide;
Pros:
- The latch and handle are my personal favorite both in function and aesthetics
- Lower load height(i.e the frame supporting system under the platform isn't as tall because its only a 70% extension.)

Cons:
- For me, 70% extension is a waste of putting the slide in in the first place. (Highway Products Truckslide is also only 70% extension.)
- Only 4 D-Ring tie downs

Slidemaster;
Pros:
- You can get 100% or even 120% extension
- You can order with different floor materials. Wood deck, Aluminum in 1/8 or 3/16.

Cons:
- (Maybe a pro depending on your need) In most cases, its used for commercial purposes, so the load height/overall height is taller because they usually are building for max capacity with 100-120% extension.
- The latch and slide locks work(0%, 50%,100% lock), but its not the best integration in my personal opinion.
- No tie downs

All this said, they all work in their own right, just some things to consider.

Another option, which I tend to navigate towards is the CargoSlide.com, for a few reasons, though its still not perfect.

Pros:
- The CG(Insertcapacityneed)XL is an actual 100% extension
- Has side rails 4-8" with infinite access to Heavy duty tie downs.
- Standard with multiple slide locks, which means it can latch on every 1ft increment you open it.(Think if your parked on a hill, even slight incline, if you don't need to get something all the way at the front. You don't want the tray to get away on you and slam all the way out to full extension to lock?) Most of the other brands only have latches when its all the way in, or all the way out, unless specked and then you can sometimes get a slide lock at 50% extension. Also think about when your cooking with your propane grille/griddle you can latch it when its at 25% extension and it becomes your work surface.

Cons:
- The latch isn't as nice as the Bedslide latch.

Hopefully this helps.
Appreciate your feedback on these!

The CG is what I was gravitating towards, but I couldn’t seem to find a half-bed solution (nor could I find it with the other listed options)

OP
OP
chuckycastle

chuckycastle

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Appreciate your feedback on these!

The CG is what I was gravitating towards, but I couldn’t seem to find a half-bed solution (nor could I find it with the other listed options)
I actually just saw the “custom sizes available” option; guessing this means there are width options