Carbon Fiber Shifter through Fordparts.com

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stealthfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Post up the PN's to the other pieces when avail plz

ill post part numbers after i get the pieces. there are literally only like 5 of each piece available nationwide.

the shifter should be here today or tomorrow :)

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

I got it and it is the shift assembly with carbon fiber knob. ( obviouly alot more than you need but the only way to currently buy the knob).

do you have your truck? if so can you post up pics of the swap? ill prob just swap the whole shifter unless the knob is really easy to remove?

DROPOUT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As much as I love CF ... Think I may hold off for now until just the knob is available (hopefully a bit cheaper) ... $350+ for an entire assembly that will never get used minus the knob is a bit much for me :)

She's a beaut though and happy to see people can get it separately if/when they want!

OP
OP
T

TheProcessoperator

Reaction score
You could probably get just the knob eventually for around 200 to 250. It wasn't hard to install but required a bit of trim removal. I'll post the instructions I used from the F150 forum.

You have to do it in sequence I found.
Pry up the center speaker cover and the front of that tray (closest to you). Under the speaker grille, there are 2 7mm screws and it should come right off after disconnecting the speaker.
Take off the 2 7mm screws holding the stereo bezel in. Once loose, gently Pry it off starting at the top and work your way down. A trim tool really helps on this part.
Undo the connectors and set it aside.
On the bottom there's a small plastic piece that sits under the stereo bezel held in by 2 7mm screws. Remove that.
Now gently Pry the two side trim pieces out that hold the heat vents. Be gentle and use the trim tool.
Once off, open your console lid and Pry up on the center console cover on each corner. Work the cover up along both sides and slide it back and up. You may have to put the shifter in drive to clear everything.
Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 20170110_162717.jpg
    20170110_162717.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 378
  • 20170110_155749.jpg
    20170110_155749.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 354
  • 20170110_155752.jpg
    20170110_155752.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 341
  • 20170110_162701.jpg
    20170110_162701.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 352
Last edited:

dinoone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So can you remove the shift knob from the boot? I want to keep my same leather boot with the orange stitching instead of the black with silver stitching. I ordered mine yesterday and they told me 5-7 days on order......

frank20

Reaction score
I just can't make any sense to this madness. As I saw in another thread today about someone stating that the beadlocks were causing delays but then they post a link to a seller on ebay who is selling a full set of 4. So you mean to tell me Ford can't get these trucks built to customer specs because we are being told of part shortages yet dealers have these parts in stock ready to ship?!?! Seems off to me.

OP
OP
T

TheProcessoperator

Reaction score
So can you remove the shift knob from the boot? I want to keep my same leather boot with the orange stitching instead of the black with silver stitching. I ordered mine yesterday and they told me 5-7 days on order......

No, the knob is attached to the boot (no orange stitching). I didn't do much investigating to see how to separate them because you have to take everything apart regardless.

k-rub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just can't make any sense to this madness. As I saw in another thread today about someone stating that the beadlocks were causing delays but then they post a link to a seller on ebay who is selling a full set of 4. So you mean to tell me Ford can't get these trucks built to customer specs because we are being told of part shortages yet dealers have these parts in stock ready to ship?!?! Seems off to me.

If I had to guess, I'd say that there isn't really a shortage. Ford is probably regulating the amount of interior accent, beadlock, and carbon fiber packages against a list of allotted allowable numbers for each feature. There is no way that the CF package is still a shortage after this amount of time.

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I had to guess, I'd say that there isn't really a shortage. Ford is probably regulating the amount of interior accent, beadlock, and carbon fiber packages against a list of allotted allowable numbers for each feature. There is no way that the CF package is still a shortage after this amount of time.

Except this doesn't make sense