Car wash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pride in ownership. Wash it yourself. The wash monkeys will destroy your truck.

Just washed mine in 30 degree weather here in Colorado. It sucked but I make sure it gets done right. Also the guys at Adam’s Polishes here in Louisville, CO hooked me up so I got to use some new tools [emoji108][emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brc misfit

FRF Addict
Reaction score
30 degree weather! Tough to wash, when the water freezes seconds after leaving the hose. That's commitment. Or maybe you should be committed. 30 degrees, insane...

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
30 degree weather! Tough to wash, when the water freezes seconds after leaving the hose. That's commitment. Or maybe you should be committed. 30 degrees, insane...

Used hot water so it would get the ice that was forming off. Following up with Adam’s H20 guard and gloss for drying just causes the water to bead off before it freezes - worked out well.

You could also take all your stuff to a wash stall and use the pressure washer like in this vid but that’s a lot of planning [emoji23]

https://youtu.be/GuNb_pQbpK4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Njraptorfan

Reaction score
Always hand wash,carwashes will ruin your paint, it’s. Hard to do in cold climates above 45 wash if possible by hand use hot water in your buckets.

JustBillin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here’s what I am doing for my new truck for dealing with regular road grime when I don’t feel like spending much time detailing.

Soak panels with a soapy mixture using a garden sprayer and let it sit for a minute

Go over each panel with a soft brush and dip it into a bucket of soapy water prior to doing each panel

Rinse entire truck and semi-dry it off with my cordless 40V leaf blower

Drive down the road for a couple miles at 50 to 60 miles an hour

Return home and look for any spots missed, and hit them up with an Armor All wash wipe

Attachments

• 20180128_162348.jpg
    20180128_162348.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 33

swampfox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran my 2010 and 2012 crew cab raptors through a local red carpet car wash in nw Oklahoma City and always had positive results. It was a manned automatic wash, with pre and post wash “hands on” care. I see the gen 2’s go through that same wash all the time.

HGguy

Reaction score