Car wash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
When temps are below 60 I just use the touch less car wash behind the house. It actually does a pretty good job. Then I get home and I wipe it down with some Adams waterless wash and a plush microfiber in the garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HGguy

Reaction score
I have one like that we well, the car goes through the on a moving track but all the machines do is blast soap and water on the truck. The workers wash and dry everything by hand, no machine brushes. The place gets packed sometimes and you see a lot of high end cars there because it is a true hand wash. It's about $25 for a full treatment but they do a great job.
Hey Lightman, where is this car wash? I usually wash by hand in the driveway but as you know we've seen well below freezing and way above normal salt this season.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When it's above 40, I just get the hose out and spray everything off, including the undercarriage, to get the salt crud off...a few days ago when it was 60, she got a good bath.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have an unlimited monthly membership at a local carwash that looks like a country club .... my truck fits perfect with no problems. $87.00 per month for my wife's BMW and my truck through the "Ever Wash" app....: complete hot wax undercarriage windows tires...There is an army of undocumented Americans decent on it when it comes out .....

I do not want to waste time on washing my truck by hand on my driveway. I do wipe it down with Adams quick detailer, though, and use Adams towels after every wash. I would rather do something else but waste 30mins to -1hour of my time. Its a truck for Gods sake. And its parked outside. The convenience of having no salt on it no matter how cold it is ....

http://www.fivepointscarwash.net/

av8roc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an unlimited monthly membership at a local carwash that looks like a country club .... my truck fits perfect with no problems. $87.00 per month for my wife's BMW and my truck through the "Ever Wash" app....: complete hot wax undercarriage windows tires...There is an army of undocumented Americans decent on it when it comes out .....

I do not want to waste time on washing my truck by hand on my driveway. I do wipe it down with Adams quick detailer, though, and use Adams towels after every wash. I would rather do something else but waste 30mins to -1hour of my time. Its a truck for Gods sake. And its parked outside. The convenience of having no salt on it no matter how cold it is ....

Five Points Car Wash & Lube, Sewell New Jersey

Same exact boat dude, just on LI. Big, bright clean tunnel wash. Unlimited for $40/mo and I have it for my wife's car as well. They do an excellent job. I just spend over 5k on PPF and Ceramic coating so hopefully any micro marring from dirty microfibers is mitigated. Like you said though, its a truck and it lives outside. I'd rather get all the salt and crap off my truck than not wash it at all...

lightman02

Reaction score
Last edited:

Swacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While a touchless may not damage paint (if you can fit in one), it will for sure peel up vinyl and damage the bed vinyl with the high pressure water.

Overall, I'd rather wait on washing for 2-3 weeks, get 1 warmer day (above freezing) and hand wash it in the driveway.

Salt (calcium chloride) isn't reactive below freezing, so you're ok until it warms up, then you need to address the issue.

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While a touchless may not damage paint (if you can fit in one), it will for sure peel up vinyl and damage the bed vinyl with the high pressure water.

Overall, I'd rather wait on washing for 2-3 weeks, get 1 warmer day (above freezing) and hand wash it in the driveway.

Salt (calcium chloride) isn't reactive below freezing, so you're ok until it warms up, then you need to address the issue.

I've had more vehicles than I care too admit... Many have had OEM vinyl and I've ran all of them through brushless in the winter as needed. Not once have I had any damage to the vinyl. I did have a piece of my Range Rover fall off, but that's an entirely different story:biggrin:

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
I've had more vehicles than I care too admit... Many have had OEM vinyl and I've ran all of them through brushless in the winter as needed. Not once have I had any damage to the vinyl. I did have a piece of my Range Rover fall off, but that's an entirely different story:biggrin:

Ive gone through countless times and my stickers are just fine be as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As stated above, the newer car washes work on the truck very well. They are wider and the cleaning things are not tight against the truck.

I run mine through a lot and my Rappy Graphics stuff has held up extremely well.

When it isn't sub-zero out, I hand wash then run it through the car wash for the rain-x and high speed driers.