cam phaser

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

r3run33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello have had the cam phaser issue for a little while; finally in for repair. Has anyone had this done already is their truck back to new sounding/power/performance etc

OP
OP
r3run33

r3run33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
shared video for anyone trying to confirm issue on their truck

SKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2018 is currently at the dealership for is issue. Hope to get it back this week. Good luck.

RipReturns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got mine back after repairing VCT. Upside: no more weird clacking noises on start up. Downside? Nothing yet, truck seems to run good. I'm forever going to be mindful, but keep in mind that you routinely have to R&R timing belts on most cars anyway (so, it's not rocket science...though, it is a bit disconcerting that they took the entire cab off of the chassis to get to the TB.
:)

SKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got mine back after repairing VCT. Upside: no more weird clacking noises on start up. Downside? Nothing yet, truck seems to run good. I'm forever going to be mindful, but keep in mind that you routinely have to R&R timing belts on most cars anyway (so, it's not rocket science...though, it is a bit disconcerting that they took the entire cab off of the chassis to get to the TB.
:)

How long did it take for dealership to replace the phasers? I'm going on a month.

RaptorUtah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How long did the actual repair take? My dealer diagnosed my issue, said I can drive it till the parts get here. I'm hoping it is a quick turnaround.