California emissions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GizmoVance

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i bet at least 1 part on the raptor has got to be illegal there i'm sure.

I guess you haven't seen the Prop. 65 stickers they put everywhere then! LOL
"Warning, the products used in this vehicle may cause cancer or birth defects if inhaled, ingested, or otherwise enjoyed."

SMH

Rango

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did everyone that bought out of state raptors go for the vin verification?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DMV did mine. But they did say CHP could do it too, but I wouldn't know how to schedule with them?

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess you haven't seen the Prop. 65 stickers they put everywhere then! LOL
"Warning, the products used in this vehicle may cause cancer or birth defects if inhaled, ingested, or otherwise enjoyed."

SMH
barely remember those. i left cali in '97 and never looked back sorry. was in so cal for 3 years military and enjoyed back then, now seems out of hand imo.

Sledgehammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did try it... I flew celebs... you name them... Realized quick that a corporate pilot and reserve deputy sheriff couldn't afford to live the way I wanted to live back in 2004. Moved to Arizona and now I can afford a nice home in Scottsdale with a pool, 3 car garage and a Raptor with accessories.

Oh... And I have tons of Guns that wouldn't even be allowed in cali with a blessing from the governor.

Cali sucks...
Couldnt agree more! I was born and raised in California. Remained there up until last year after i visited a friend in Texas! It was then i realized what a crap fest california had become. The weather is great in Ca, but that's about it for me. Im staying in Texas and if i never go back to Cali, that would be okay by me.
Back to the original post, i did Ca Smogs for 20 years there. All new fords are CA compliant. Go buy your Raptor in a free state, then go back if you must. Get it smogged, then register at the dmv. Done.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score

All the 2017 Raptor's have the CA Emissions sticker under the hood no matter how it was ordered
, don't worry about the window stick or the Certificate of Origin.

CA DMV only requires that it has the CA Emissions sticker under hood.

You will need to weight your truck, smog it and pay the fee's at the CA DMV.

That's all there is to it, I bought mine out of state and registered here in CA, no big deal and will save you thousands!

If you need any help PM me.

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/?...ntent_en/dmv/pubs/brochures/fast_facts/ffvr29

Buying a Vehicle From Out of State - Can You Register it in California? (FFVR 29)

PDF Version

The Bottom Line
If you are a California resident and acquire a new car, truck, or motorcycle from another state, it must be certified to meet California smog laws to be registered in California. This includes certain diesel-powered vehicles. DMV cannot accept an application to register a vehicle in California that does not qualify for registration (California Health and Safety Code §§43150 - 43156).

What Is Considered a New Vehicle?
California considers any vehicle with less than 7,500 miles on the odometer at the time of purchase or trade by a California resident or business, to be a new vehicle. This is true whether or not the vehicle has been registered in another state.

Aren't All Vehicles California Certified?
Not all new vehicles are manufactured to be sold in California. Many manufacturers make vehicles to be sold only in the other 49 states. These vehicles (49-state) are made with smog equipment that meets federal emission standards, but not California standards. California-certified (50-state) vehicles are made to be sold in California.

Check the Label
To find out whether a car, truck, or motorcycle is California certified, check the emission label under the hood. For a motorcycle, check the frame or refer to your owner' s manual for the location. The label should read that the vehicle conforms to California regulations, or that it is legal for sale in California.

Exemptions
There are a few exemptions to the law. As a California resident, you may be able to register a 49-state vehicle if it was:

Obtained as part of a divorce, inheritance, or legal separation settlement.
Purchased to replace your California-registered vehicle that was stolen while you were using the vehicle out-of-state.
Purchased to replace your California-registered vehicle that was destroyed or made inoperative beyond reasonable repair while you were using the vehicle out of state.
An emergency vehicle, pursuant to California Vehicle Code § §27156.2 and 27156.3.
Registered by you in the state of your last active military service outside California.
A street motorcycle or motor-driven cycle year model 2005 and older, with an engine less than 50 cubic centimeters (cc) displacement. Beginning January 1, 2006, street motorcycles and motor-driven cycles year model 2006 and newer, with engines less than 50 cc displacement, require an emission label certifying them to meet U.S. Environmental Protection Agency emission regulations, and may be registered regardless of mileage.

emissions label.

The problem with the DMV page you linked to is it says this:

Not all new vehicles are manufactured to be sold in California. Many manufacturers make vehicles to be sold only in the other 49 states. These vehicles (49-state) are made with smog equipment that meets federal emission standards, but not California standards. California-certified (50-state) vehicles are made to be sold in California.

SOAKINRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The problem with the DMV page you linked to is it says this:

Only part you care about is this;

Check the Label
To find out whether a car, truck, or motorcycle is California certified, check the emission label under the hood. For a motorcycle, check the frame or refer to your owner' s manual for the location. The label should read that the vehicle conforms to California regulations, or that it is legal for sale in California.

You wont have any trouble registering any 2017 or newer F150 Raptor!
All are CA Certified!

OP
OP
V

Vikingrl

Reaction score
Registering my raptor that I bought in New Mexico in California was so easy!! Got it smogged, went to DMV and no wait for vehicle verification!! Then got it weighted at a local truck place. Very simple and it cost me $61

Maha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You got weighted after registering at DMV?

Registering my raptor that I bought in New Mexico in California was so easy!! Got it smogged, went to DMV and no wait for vehicle verification!! Then got it weighted at a local truck place. Very simple and it cost me $61