Buying new raptor tomorrow..Paint protector or not

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Az Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is most likely a polymer coating. Adams polishes, a sponsor of this site, sells something that will work as well or better for a lot less.

D

Deleted member 12951

It's done by a company called Auto Armor but sold by ford.... ECP Incorporated

Perhaps sold by that Ford Dealership. But it isn't sold by Ford. I looked at that site and it has no relationship to any auto maker at all. Do yourself a favor and just google; ECP Paint Protectant Scam.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
DON'T DO IT!!!

Trust me - you'll regret it. It's a waste of money and it's gonna screw you up when you try to wax it. You'll need to use some "special" stuff and it won't look as good as just wax-on/wax-off yourself.

tipnring

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pass. Just another finance guy upsell.

Don't do it.

When I picked up my Raptor they had it on the contract already. I asked how long it would take for them to put it on. They said "it's already on there". I said what if I don't want it. They said then you just don't get the warranty that comes with it.

When I talked to the finance mgr he told me it was added dealer profit & I could take it off the contract. I asked for $500 more for my trade in & left the paint protection on the contract.

Next time I won't get it. Take the advice of Raptizzle, Dan & others above.
Save yourself $500.

They also hit me for Nitrogen in the tires $99. I got my Raptor at Invoice so I don't worry about that one. If I had it to do over again it would be no add ons or extras.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
X50....do not let the dealer apply anything to your truck...inside or outside...

Take your truck home:
-wash
-clay
-seal
-wax
I was amazed how much "crap" I pulled off a new vehicle with clay. These vehicles must sit in some pretty rank places prior to delivery...

Plus, if gives you a great opportunity to find any imperfections or damage you otherwise would not notice during your delivery inspection...

HiTechRedneck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your purpose is to make a nicer Christmas for the finance guy, go ahead.
If not, save your money on the Dealer Installed Snot.