GEN 2 Boostmax and Pedalmax ordered.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone that has ordered the pedalmax. is the correct one SKU PX1114F?

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

also did you get the control knob upgrade? is it necessary?

Not sure on part and I would get knob so you can tune it to your liking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Bullishone

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I installed both tonight. Took about 90 minutes including cleaning up the wiring. A little confusing on the instructions, but once you figure out where everything is it's not so bad.

Massive difference in performance and feel. Amazing how much headroom there is on this truck.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Jmythehead

Reaction score
Installed Boost Max and Pedal Max tonight, took about an hour, easy to do, unplug and replug.

After driving the first thing I noticed was how the truck downshifts right away in normal mode. 10th gear give it gas downshifts to 7th and turbos spool up. Sport mode is even more fun when you hit the happy pedal. I won't say that the truck is completely different, but it is a nice upgrade from stock that makes it much more fun to drive.

I have the Boost max dial set at 75% and the Pedal Max set at 60%.

OP
OP
Bullishone

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Installed Boost Max and Pedal Max tonight, took about an hour, easy to do, unplug and replug.

After driving the first thing I noticed was how the truck downshifts right away in normal mode. 10th gear give it gas downshifts to 7th and turbos spool up. Sport mode is even more fun when you hit the happy pedal. I won't say that the truck is completely different, but it is a nice upgrade from stock that makes it much more fun to drive.

I have the Boost max dial set at 75% and the Pedal Max set at 60%.
I'm at 90% and 100%. It's ridiculous!

OP
OP
Bullishone

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll probably turn the Pedal Max up to 100% tomorrow. I don't have any 93 octane gas in my area so i probably won't turn the Boost Max up much more.
Ahh. Yeah Chevron here is 92. I'd go to 100 if I could.

Mkarban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are you guys running the boostmax wires through the footwall? There is one area left of steering column with a large rubber grommet. Are you just passing around the edge of the rubber or is there a better place with a better seal? Any pics? The boostmax pictures/directions are poor quality and not Raptor specific.
Thanks

OP
OP
Bullishone

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Where are you guys running the boostmax wires through the footwall? There is one area left of steering column with a large rubber grommet. Are you just passing around the edge of the rubber or is there a better place with a better seal? Any pics? The boostmax pictures/directions are poor quality and not Raptor specific.
Thanks
Running through that grommet. You can either cut the zip tie and try to go through it or just go around the edge. Then you can stuff the Boostmax dongle into the edge of the firewall and it's invisible.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boostmax took a shit today and cussed a bunch or codes while doing it. Stopped at gas station to grab some coffee and come back out to start truck...crank crank crank and then the shit storm of warnings. Try to start it again and crank crank crank and another shit storm of warnings.

Sit there for a sec and figure it's got to have something to do with the BM so I pop hood, unhook the BM from all of the sensors and go back stock with it. Further unplug the BM harness from the Peddle and go back stock with that and try to start again. Truck starts but is running rough. Pop hood again and disconnect battery for a few and hook it back up and the truck is back to Normal. Once I got home I grabbed my OBD2 reader and the truck had, and I'm not ******** you, 25+ codes. Cleared all and they have not come back.

Called JMS and they are aware of the issue and are sending me out a new unit with some updates installed.

My suggestion is to call them and ensure you have an updated unit.

Buddy of mine had the exact same issue and they told him the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: