Big Rig Amber LED problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dbmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My nephew bought the Big rig amber running lights part #26414 on Aug 12 and now he has 3 led's out on one of the strips. Is there a way to repair these? can't believe these things don't even last 6 monts! He talked to someone at Recon and was told that he could send them the bad stip buy a replacement for $50. Doesnt give me a good feeling about the LED stuff they sell if they wont cover these things for at least a year. Especially when they fail in 4 months. Did he just get a bad strip and recon is trying to get $50 out of him? You would think they would exchange them out. Not a good situation so far.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
My nephew bought the Big rig amber running lights part #26414 on Aug 12 and now he has 3 led's out on one of the strips. Is there a way to repair these? can't believe these things don't even last 6 monts! He talked to someone at Recon and was told that he could send them the bad stip buy a replacement for $50. Doesnt give me a good feeling about the LED stuff they sell if they wont cover these things for at least a year. Especially when they fail in 4 months. Did he just get a bad strip and recon is trying to get $50 out of him? You would think they would exchange them out. Not a good situation so far.

send an email to RECON (Ryan) and see what the deal is!

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Dam, that sucks...

robmax72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
K, love these Headlights, but if this is the way it is, then i'll stick with stock or wait for someone else with better quality. I just hate having to swap things back to stock because the aftermarket breaks.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
K, love these Headlights, but if this is the way it is, then i'll stick with stock or wait for someone else with better quality. I just hate having to swap things back to stock because the aftermarket breaks.

Recon did send him out new lights after he got in touch with the right person. but as per usual on the internet...people complain and you never hear the happy ending.