Best way to make 37's more "offroadable"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greenie1434

Reaction score
I have 37s on my truck and they fit and work fine for the highway and just dirt roads but will rub if I do anything more than that. I was just wondering what the best fix to this would be.... i have seen the aftermarket fenders from SDHQ but I just got one of my fenders repainted and that would of be a waste of money to just get new ones now I thought just a perch mod would do it but that didnt do as much as a thought any thoughts?

Attachments

• 20120921_162230.jpg
    20120921_162230.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 150

imdubious

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you hammer in the seam weld yet? Also what is exact tire and size are you running?

Last edited:

TEXAS MOTORWORX

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have 37s on my truck and they fit and work fine for the highway and just dirt roads but will rub if I do anything more than that. I was just wondering what the best fix to this would be.... i have seen the aftermarket fenders from SDHQ but I just got one of my fenders repainted and that would of be a waste of money to just get new ones now I thought just a perch mod would do it but that didnt do as much as a thought any thoughts?

We opted for the easy way and did fenders. It takes care of your issues.

Maybe give RPG a call, they are really good at getting 37s to work well with stock fenders.

Here are what the glassworks fenders look like in action...

DustTrail.jpg

Front_suspension.jpg

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, is there added stress on the steering components? I've heard of the tie rods breaking or something like that with the larger tires at speed offroading.

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Texas moto- you ever got in touch with Stewarts Race Works to get the down low on their fenders?? Maybe some actual shots of them installed?

'12 Race Red Raptor SCAB (Loaded to the max!)
SCABS are faster!!
'08 SeaDoo RXP-X Clockin' 80+ GPS

BigScott

Banned
Reaction score
A guy on the last Outlaw Raptor run had those SDHQ inner fenders, one had to be ripped out after it ? Came loose or failed somehow ?

If you "Hard" off road it stock Fox shocks won't be enough. King or Fox 3.0 coilovers will give better dampening.

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With stock rims, the 37's "can" work depending on the tire... but it's really ideal to do the fenders, for proper clearance. I've seen too many hard impacts with resulting damage to recommend stock fenders with 37's, even when modified a bit.

Any time you increase the weight of your wheel setup, you increase the stress on your steering components!

TEXAS MOTORWORX

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Texas moto- you ever got in touch with Stewarts Race Works to get the down low on their fenders?? Maybe some actual shots of them installed?

Unfortunately the Stewart Race Works fenders are for tubed race trucks, not for stock Raptors.

We are taking possession of the new Boatec fenders next week. If they are the quality that we expect, we will be listing them on our site. We will be installing them on our blue Raptor with 37" Toyos. We will have a full write up shortly.

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Unfortunately the Stewart Race Works fenders are for tubed race trucks, not for stock Raptors.

We are taking possession of the new Boatec fenders next week. If they are the quality that we expect, we will be listing them on our site. We will be installing them on our blue Raptor with 37" Toyos. We will have a full write up shortly.

About rite, we are talkin Stewarts Raceworks here. Lol. (stupid me). Looked that way but thought I heard differently from others. Looking forward to seeing them Boatec's.

TEXAS MOTORWORX

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
About rite, we are talkin Stewarts Raceworks here. Lol. (stupid me). Looked that way but thought I heard differently from others. Looking forward to seeing them Boatec's.

We have the Glassworks on our Orange Raptor and will be doing the Boatec on our Blue Raptor...which ever we like best will be the one we sell.