Best custom muffler/set up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
I'm going to a local shop who does great exhaust work but trying to figure out what muffler/set up to do... My plans: I want an mbrp turn down set up but want a more aggressive sound, any suggestions? My appointment is for Monday april 8th

jrodrg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After much thought about the same questions you're asking, I've decided on going Magnapack. MBRP turndown was my second choice though. After hearing several sound clips I like this exhaust the best. Turndown of course.... I just have to figure out what tip i'm going with.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
that's today! The only thing that will make it more aggressive is headers. I would have to recommend SW because that's all I've ever had.

---------- Post added at 08:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 AM ----------

OK possibly go duel with high flow cats that would be 2 turndowns. I'd X it if it was mine.

firematt422

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Magnapack too. But, I dumped it right about where the cab meets the bed. Don't need no fancy turndowns, I just cut a piece of the bend off the stock system.

Here is a pic of my entire exhaust... it's quite large, wouldn't you say?

IMAG0640_zps483c7374.jpg

OP
OP
Danactive

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
I have the Magnapack too. But, I dumped it right about where the cab meets the bed. Don't need no fancy turndowns, I just cut a piece of the bend off the stock system.

Here is a pic of my entire exhaust... it's quite large, wouldn't you say?

IMAG0640_zps483c7374.jpg

That's about how my exhaust looks but do you have any back pressure issues? Or loss in low end torque? That's been my dilemma...

firematt422

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's about how my exhaust looks but do you have any back pressure issues? Or loss in low end torque? That's been my dilemma...

I haven't noticed anything. I ran it just like that for a while. Granted, I don't have a home dyno system, but the only real difference I noticed from stock is it went to loud as hell.

Now I have an AFE stage 2 and 5 Star tune and everything seems to work together great.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
People alweays want to know "what sounds the most aggressive" and that is funny to me because the low rumble is nice BUT---a set of headers will help some however, if you want it to sound like a wicked pissed off panther a cam is needed. Not really much for the 6.2 Ford in that department yet. My Chevy 6.2 would scream and had the nasty lope.

Just wish the aftermarket for Ford 6.2 engines was stronger.. Would like to install a agressive low to mid range cam on mine..

firematt422

Full Access Member
Reaction score
People alweays want to know "what sounds the most aggressive" and that is funny to me because the low rumble is nice BUT---a set of headers will help some however, if you want it to sound like a wicked pissed off panther a cam is needed. Not really much for the 6.2 Ford in that department yet. My Chevy 6.2 would scream and had the nasty lope.

Just wish the aftermarket for Ford 6.2 engines was stronger.. Would like to install a agressive low to mid range cam on mine..

I realize it added little to nothing performance-wise, at least compared to a cam or headers, but my Magnapack sounds awesome to me. I know a muffler doesn't make it a trophy truck... but this one sure makes it sound like a trophy truck. And that puts a smile on this face, especially when passing jealous minivan drivers that cut me off.