Best a-pillar/hood mounts for BD XL80 pods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rettags

Reaction score
Can anyone share how they routed the harness from driver’s side? Curious if you’re tucking it under the cowl, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Grab as many pics as you can through out the install for us visual learners ;)

X

the SDHQ instructions are pretty clear. The biggest variable on the install is where you run the wires. I tucked mine under the cowl in the tray that runs across the cowl under the cover. if using the normal BD harness, you may have to extend certain parts and shorten certain parts of said harness.

Skyline

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just installed my Hood Mounts with some Squadron Pro's last night on Alternative Offroad Hood Mounts. I will post some pics later, but I did have to cut and extend the stock harness that came with the squadrons, as it wasn't long enough to reach both lights, and have enough slack to route cleanly. Not a big deal, but something to think about.

Love the look and the light that the hood mounts put out though, much brighter, and really helps. I found that the stock lights with just brights were not enough when offroading at night.

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the SDHQ instructions are pretty clear. The biggest variable on the install is where you run the wires. I tucked mine under the cowl in the tray that runs across the cowl under the cover. if using the normal BD harness, you may have to extend certain parts and shorten certain parts of said harness.

Yea I have a bunch of bulk wire left over from the four 10” S8s, 40” onx6 racer, and dually cubes so I figured I would just run the wires with some existing conduit I already setup to run above the top of the engine. (You can kind of see it in this picture)

7dfb14f0286f1a557fee1cfac224e84b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk