Bed Protection Overkill?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Indeed, spill RapaTon! I'm ready to start ordering bits for my as of yet fictitious 2012 and for that price, I'll order one early!

~BGM

Boostin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Through the end of the day you can get 15% at autoanything.com. I just ordered a Retrax Pro and BedRug for my '12. For both I was out the door at about $1,850 but if you don't live in CA you can knock $130 off that. Plus, I still have the $25 manufacturer's rebate on the BedRug.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any one used Bed Tread made by Bed Rug?

I ordered a sample of the bedtred. Reading about it I was sold on getting one. I've owned 2 bedrugs and it seemed like the bedtred would be great for more abuse than the bedrug. After getting the sample I wasn't as impressed. I didn't realize it didn't have the thicker foam on the bottom to contour to the bed and fill in the ridges, instead its super thin on the entire thing. It's definitely durable feeling, but I decided I'd stick with the good ol' bedrug for 3rd times the charm.

Quicksand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting Line-X + F1 G2 + Bed Extender to start.,,,will add bed rug later but it's def n the list. I suggest getting all three ie F1, LX & Rug.

Over time, the bed wthout Line-X will wear and show scratches, easier to rust etc.....so I suggest going with the LX.

Just my two cents. PS-I hate the idea of a Line-X store having my Rap and messin with the bed! But Owell--Better than me trying to do it and F'n up! Haha

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm getting Line-X + F1 G2 + Bed Extender to start.,,,will add bed rug later but it's def n the list. I suggest getting all three ie F1, LX & Rug.

Over time, the bed wthout Line-X will wear and show scratches, easier to rust etc.....so I suggest going with the LX.

Just my two cents. PS-I hate the idea of a Line-X store having my Rap and messin with the bed! But Owell--Better than me trying to do it and F'n up! Haha

I know you're not speaking from experience on this one, because the bed will NOT show any signs of scratching or rust with having a bedrug and not having a line-x. You're simply throwing money down the drain. Maybe get 2 or 3 bedrugs and install them on top of one another? Oh wait, equally as wasteful and unnecessary.

The bedrug is closed cell foam so no water will get through it, and the bedrug is soft to the touch foam on the back side so not only will it not scratch, it's so soft it won't even rub through the clearcoat of the bed, not to mention it's velcro'ed down everywhere so it doesn't even shift and vibrate to even be able to harm the bed.

Speaking from experience, and having owned several bedrug trucks, it's completely unnecessary to put anything underneath it. Line-x under a bedrug you may as well burn a stack of $100 bills and toss in a few cinderblocks of extra weight for no reason, and you get the same net result lol.