Bed Covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Srock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not the roll n lock? The F1 is often mentioned but I don't see the advantage other than price. The rollnlock seems more easy to operate.

Spider-One

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Bakflip HD, great cover. Simple with very few things to break. I was considering the Retrax Pro, but it doesn't look like it'd work to well with dirt and ice over a few years.

srs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the Pace Edwards BedLocker or the Powertrax? Curious to know how reliable the power retractable ones are....

LD50

Reaction score
I've got the Undercover Flex. I'm still on the fence about it though. I really liked it at first and had no issues but lately it's been leaking like a bastard. I'm not sure if it happened when I made an adjustment to it or if there's a bigger issues. I'll have to wait and see.

grievesk

Reaction score
Just curious, what is the most popular bed cover that is being used out there? I was thinking of getting an ARE Cap but I am having second thoughts. Thanks for your input.

Out of all the cap manufacturers, ARE is definitely the best. I've been around Jason, and Leer. Both of those don't come near the quality or paint match that ARE has. We have put a Z-series on a 10 Blue Scab and it looked great. I would only put a Z-series on my Raptor tho.

claustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an F1 on my 2011 Tundra (loved it), put a G2 on my wife's Tundra Limited (she loves it, as far as I know), and I put the Fibermax on the Raptor. Don't know if it's the fibermax or the uneven bedrail covers, but the fibermax isn't nearly as water tight as the f1 was. It seems to have pretty bad gaps/leaks in the corners and leaks over the wheel wells somehow. I've been meaning to go out and adjust/reinstall it to see if it helps but haven't gotten around to it. The F1 on the Tundra barely leaked at all even in the carwash, but the Fibermax always has water running all over the bed when I open it up after a wash. It just doesn't seem to seal nearly as well. I bought some rubber weatherstripping I'm going to run along the top and corners so hopefully that will help.

I installed the Bakflip F1 and Bakbox in my Raptor today. I like it. We'll see how they hold up to off-roading. I'm a little concerned that the F1 clamps might vibrate lose during off-roading. For those who Line-X'ed their bed first, the F1 clamps don't like to grip the Line-X up under the rail. That shit is slippery and really tough (that's why we got it, right?)

I've never noticed any shifting problems with LineX and my Fibermax.

Srock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sorting though the options as well.

Nobody finds the F1 open and closing system a pain versus a roll n lock or similar?

I've heard the argument of bed space on the F1 but that only seems to apply of your load would be lower than the cover not in the up position.

I assume each is well made and will last.

Nemesis

Reaction score
I like the idea of a rolling cover, so I was thinking of going with the Roll-X. From the demo videos it looks fully functional and secure, and should meet my needs.

Has anyone actually seen one or have on installed.

I figure with a tailgate lock spliced into the keyless entry, and a cover, I should be nice and secure.

c-ne-elk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Rollnloc, been on since I got the truck about 7 months and love it. Watertight, can leave part way open or all the way, locks up good. NO regrets!

Attachments

• Rollnloc canister.jpg
    Rollnloc canister.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 65
  • Rollnloc closed.jpg
    Rollnloc closed.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 70
  • rollnloc open.jpg
    rollnloc open.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 67