BCM, Parasitic Draw, ambient lights and other internal lights stay on… problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

12armando

Reaction score
Hello! First time posting.

I recently purchased a 2019 Raptor, it’s amazing but I already came across some issues. After 5 months, the battery was dead. I took it into ford dealership to get it checked and they mentioned that it has a draw, they monitored the battery amps go up randomly as if the car were to be turned on. In addition the ambient and other internal lights stay on. After 2 weeks they have not been able to find the issue, I keep looking in this forum but I haven’t found anything similar to this, which scares me because I don’t want to have to get rid of it.

I took it to a buddy of mine who’s a mechanic and did a quick parasitic draw test and he mentioned that it all points to the BCM. He mentioned to take it back to ford and have them fix it. I mentioned this to the service advisor but they just can’t seem to find it.

Has anyone else experienced something like this? If so I would really appreciate any pointers or help!

Thank you in advance.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF
Pictures. Or it’s a prius.

I’ll defer to @Nex on the search feature, he’s much more eloquent at ... counseling... how to use the FRF search function

Yes, there have been FRF with a parasitic draw ( did someone say search function yet ? ) and there were a few different resolutions.
I’d look to suggestions from those who have been through the issue, or some of our more mechanically inclined folks

OP
OP

12armando

Reaction score
Oops forgot to add the picture!

I’ll keep looking using the search tool but if anyone would be able to give some tips or any lead on how to fix it would be greatly appreciated.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It’s never the BCM. It’s simply the last module online after pulling the rest of the fuses, so it always gets blamed. Then you put another one in and it does the same thing.

It’s a used truck. The first thing to start with is a top to bottom inspection of all accessible wiring, the DLC, the BJB (under hood fuse box), BCM, trailer connector, etc. Aftermarket electrical components are the most common cause of parasitic draws.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF.

Did you reset the BCM after battery replacement? Any aftermarket lights or big stereo? Aftermarket alarm? Your post does not give much information to go on.

OP
OP

12armando

Reaction score
Sorry, no aftermarket parts, stereo or lights.

I have not reset the bcm but the ford technicians already performed a tsb update as well.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Put a camera in the cab overnight, see if the sync or dash lights activate.

OP
OP

12armando

Reaction score
Yes, now that you mention it, I forgot to say, the dash lights come on and off randomly, it does so about every 20 mins.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter