Bad news... (the One and ONLY thread about the shortage of Tuxedo Black paint)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtcatsfan

Reaction score
Logistically it is better to order by demand than to keep stock. Stock cost money to keep, ordering does not. Since it is a month after a VIN is created that is more than enough time to have what is needed shipped unless something dire happens (ie a Tsunami).

Indeed. Every management class taught in college refers to "JIT" practices for inventory. Just In Time inventory means you should have as little in stock as you can without slowing down production. For an auto company, I would assume they have no more than 2 weeks worth of supply on hand for anything. But that's just my guess.

Either way it's strange to think they would have just 1 color made in Japan?? Where do they receive the other colors from. I'm hoping this doesn't affect my Blue Flame Metalic order!

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah it's a JIT (just in time) vs JIC (just in case). Now your talkin my language!!

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not to be a ****, but maybe this Made In Japan presumed factoid will finally shut Birdman the **** up about black being better than white.

Yeah.... I'm stirring this one with a BIG spoon.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Nearest I can tell is that Ford sources all their paint materials domesically. Ford used to run on a JIT manufacturering platform but has transitioned to the Toyota founded "Lean Manufacturing". In a nut shell they keep on hand the materials to build that shifts run of vehicles. Via ocean freight it takes 3 weeks for the boat to dock on the west coast and 5 weeks to the east coast. Shipping paint does not make logistical sense. Name a paint brand and they can mix Tuxedo Black.

You are being fed a load of crap.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
i dunno this all sounds very fishy. hopefully you don't have a dishonest dealer

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Not to be a ****, but maybe this Made In Japan presumed factoid will finally shut Birdman the **** up about black being better than white.

Yeah.... I'm stirring this one with a BIG spoon.

Is that why you keep showing back up at the vinyl shop saying "Please continue my reverse Michael Jackson transformation!" next thing you know your Raptor will be touching little boys where they pee from.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is that why you keep showing back up at the vinyl shop saying "Please continue my reverse Michael Jackson transformation!" next thing you know your Raptor will be touching little boys where they pee from.

Sweeeeet!!

My truck and I have more and more in common all the time. :********:

Has anyone else with a Tux on order been told something similar by their dealer? ...let's get to the bottom of this....

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll call a dealer tomorrow and see what they say if I try order one..