Bad experience at Bob Wondries Ford in Alhambra, CA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roybot

Reaction score
Dude, thanks for the heads up @yufengluo. I live nearby in South Pasadena and I have taken my Raptor to Wondries for oil changes...but that will be the last time. You have an incredible beast...would love to see it sometime if you are local.

btkeenan

Reaction score
That is truly a bummer of an experience. I live in South Pasadena as well as @roybot and I service my raptor at Bob Wonderies Ford in Alhambra actually because the people at Advantage in my experience are rude and have never considered going to the Ken Grody one. Last time I went in actually I had a bad experience because I didn't think to specifically ask for Nelsen as we have been asking for and going specifically to since 2001 on our other F-150 but got one of the other people working there and boy was he one of the worse people I have ever dealt with at a dealership. He proceeded to take my information in the office after I showed up for my appointment and we walked out to my car. He took the mileage and I expressed concerns for both the A/C and cooled seats not working properly and cooling during the hotter days that were a few weeks before. He told me that the A/C takes some time to get ready and that it is not instantaneous and then proceeded to turn it on max A/C to test it himself. Mind you this was at 8am and about 65 degrees out, not exactly ideal testing weather for A/C. I nodded in agreement that it does take time but when the A/C is on max and LO it should start blowing cold air after say 10 minutes which previously it did not. It felt more like 72. So I just said can you check to see if it needs recharging or somethings loose to which he started looking at the driver’s side b pillar and going down to notice that the sticker with the tire pressure and vin was missing. He asked if the car had been in an accident and I had no knowledge of any accident on the driver’s side. He then ran his hand all around the door panel paint scratching it with his wedding ring and continually saying that yes this must have been in an accident to which I could only respond I am not sure. I then said I was upset that Ford did not sell the Sync 3 drop in units to replace the terrible sync 2 ones and that I could only find a company online that sells them but without a warranty. He then said that Ford did to which you could imagine I was shocked. He said that they were online from the exact company I was talking about and that they didn’t come with the warranty. To which I just sort of looked at him and was like yea… about that… I asked him when it would be done and he said a few hours and that he would give me a call. Fast forward until 5pm and no call. I call service department and ask what’s going on with my truck and they say that the trucks been done for about 6 hours and that the person handling it has gone home… Went and picked it up and they said they were unable to recreate the problems I was having so there was nothing they could do.

Summary: brought it in for service, service person kept repeating exactly what I said seconds before, argumentative, left work without telling me my truck was done, didn’t solve the issue

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Theodore Robins Ford Costa Mesa

Bump for Theodore Robins Ford
They have always been top notch.
Bruce Speer runs a tight ship over there. Go see Gregg Kessler service advisor. He will take care of your Raptor needs

btkeenan

Reaction score
Bump for Theodore Robins Ford
They have always been top notch.
Bruce Speer runs a tight ship over there. Go see Gregg Kessler service advisor. He will take care of your Raptor needs

Thanks for the heads up. Will check them out for my next service.