Back in Gen 1, from a Gen 3. What Mods do you recomend?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dadlife

Reaction score
So ive owned 2x 14’s Gen 1’s, an 18 Gen 2 and a 22 37pp Gen 3. Just sold the Gen 3 to pick up a 12 gen 1 with low Miles. Obviously response and torque is down dramatically from the eco boost and contemplating a 2.9 whipple.
Living in Ca, i cant do much to motor, but curious what others have done to add some HP/Torque to their Gen 1’s. Heres build list so far:

012 SVT Ford Raptor
51,000 miles
Suspension, fiberglass and Currie rear end only have 1500 miles
Rouge Racing Stage 4 long travel front Suspension with Dirt Logic bypass, coilovers and hydrolic bumpstops.
Rouge Racing Stage 4 rear cantilever kit with Deaver leaf springs, Dirt Logic bypass shocks and hydrolic bumpstops.
Currie 9" with 4" tubes, 35 spline axles, full floater and backbrace.
ARB rear air locker with onboard compressor.
SVC front and rear bumpers
Baja Designs LP6 and LP4’s
Rigid Pods and lightbars
Advanced Fiberglass +2 front and rear.

Attachments

• 84AA6940-952A-4052-B2A3-AAC6709CDC02.jpeg
    84AA6940-952A-4052-B2A3-AAC6709CDC02.jpeg
    262.2 KB · Views: 204

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice looking rig!

Lots of nice mods so far. I would tune it first. Forced induction is the quickest way to solve your hp/t wishes. I'm running a Procharger

Maybe regear? What size tires are you running?

Stormtrooper

Raptor R
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you have the suspension covered unless you want to cage and link the truck…

For a performance mod, I would recommend this:

I would also recommend this exhaust and headers if the truck wasn’t registered in CA… hint hint ;)

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice snag, great looking truck. You could always regear if you’re looking to find a bit more pep without modding the motor.

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd also look at a pedal monster from banks. Really wakes up the truck and gives great throttle response so it "feels" like you have more power. plus its a cheap mod that you can sell if you don't like it.

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Iirc, Livernois has CARB certification? I would think head porting wouldn't affect smog inspection, but what do I know? No smog here...

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Nice snag, great looking truck. You could always regear if you’re looking to find a bit more pep without modding the motor.
x2 @Dadlife Nice find and some 4.56's would help a lot. I'd go with a JDM tune whether you go whipple or stay NA. I loved their NA tune. It's very streetable unllike 5 star. Pedal response is much better and trans tuning alone makes it worth it but the extra power is nice too. If the tuner can't be sent to CA I know a guy just over the pass that can take delivery for you ;)

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gears would be the thing that could get most "performance" out of it without touching the engine. I never touched anything on the engine on really any of my trucks, but going from 3.55 to 4.10 on the D2 and 3.73 to 4.88 on the TJ made a worlds of difference. I haven't found myself needing 4.56s or 4.88s on the Raptor, but it doesn't mean I haven't thought about it.

I know its not a performance mod, but I think upgrading the transfer case skid plate it super important.