B O smell in my truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mike.s

Reaction score
How would you suggest that he get the smell out of his nuts? lol

FSB-00214-3.jpg

Stepside

Full Access Member
Reaction score
May28th,
Many of the fishing boats here us an odor eliminating gel in a jar called Kanberra Gel. You leave the unlidded jar under a seat and it eliminates the odors. Of course eliminating the source would help.
Have you removed the plastic valence under the wipers? I scavenged parts out of junkyards as a teen...cheaper than new! Many of the junk cars would have leaves, pine needles, Maple seeds, small acorns, etc collecting in the vent inlet under the shroud under the wipers....
Eddie

This . . definitely check this. Something is probably down there.
Get the narrow extension on the vacuum cleaner down there.
Might have to put some odor/germ killing cleaner-mist in there when your done vacuuming.

OP
OP
M

may28th

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay so you got me on the only when I'm in the truck... and as far as cleaning my nuts i do the best i can and i have verified its not those but good looking out. and for the actual meaningful responses the truck is garage kept but not to say that nothing has crawled in the vent area and has died so i will look into that thanks for the help

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

checked the vent area under windshield wipers, clean and clear

prowakeskater

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem. Unwanted scent when I first climb in

Im somewhat thinking its from the leather, somewhat thinking its from moisture getting in from somewhere.

After I drove my brand new truck home, I noticed the brackets behind the rear seat (hard to see) are RUSTED. on a brand new ******* truck

I have no leaks, but I have left my rear window open a couple times during rain

im considering going with a major treatment, but I don't like chemical smells and my truck is only 5 months old

D

Deleted member 12951

Third brake light? Not sure the year but I know Ford had an issue where water got in from that so maybe the headliner back there got wet.

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Y'all might check the vents behind the rear seat to make sure they are sealing properly. Those are just a single membrane. I know I have seen evidence of muddy water coming in mine before.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Engine bay. I smelt a funny burning smell one week and then it was gone, popped the hood a week later and there was a decomposing mouse on my battery that had been fried.

Come to think of it, I've found all kinds of animal related problems in my engine. dead mouse, bird shit on my valve covers, the ******* MARTENS!!!!!!!!!

I really need a garage.

OP
OP
M

may28th

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will check behind the seats, I too heard that it could be the leather and or vinyl putting off the smell but like I said I can't not trace it down once I smell it. It sucks, by far the strangest thing i have ever hAd to deal with

Stepside

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Answer Is:
----------------> Farts are being entombed into the seats.
They remain there dormant until you enter the next day.
When initial pressure is placed on the seat upon entering,
the stale pungent order is released, but quickly dissipates.
Of course this is dependent on yesterday's consumption of Food & Grog.