Audio solutions for your Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you are best off using the oem tweeter location in the front. but yes the cxi is a coax speaker. the c3 is a convertable speaker, meaning it can be either a coax or a component depending on how you want it to be.

fshol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I highly recommend the C3-570 speakers. I'm very pleased with mine.

Thanks, and did you mount the tweeters in the original tweeter location in the pillar? If so, easy fit, or does it take cutting/adapting? Does the pillar cover come off easily?

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks, and did you mount the tweeters in the original tweeter location in the pillar? If so, easy fit, or does it take cutting/adapting? Does the pillar cover come off easily?

Noah installed it for me at Raptoberfest. I'm sure he'll post shortly.

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
the passengers side pillar comes off with (2) 7mm bolts. the drivers side has a clip that holds the panel in place that needs to be carefully removed. the clip is $43 from ford. not hard to do if you have the right tool. i kept the oem silver grill in its location and mounted the tweeter on the backside with metal straps that screwed into the factory mounting holes. very simple once you get that airbag clip off

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
the passengers side pillar comes off with (2) 7mm bolts. the drivers side has a clip that holds the panel in place that needs to be carefully removed. the clip is $43 from ford. not hard to do if you have the right tool. i kept the oem silver grill in its location and mounted the tweeter on the backside with metal straps that screwed into the factory mounting holes. very simple once you get that airbag clip off

I prefer the use of the OEM silver grille. The black grille that comes with the speakers has "JL Audio" on it. I'd like would-be thieves to not see my installed equipment advertised on the truck.

fshol

Full Access Member
Reaction score

What type of tool do you need, and where is the clip located?
Although probably answered, I have a question on the subwoofer. I have a crewcab with factory subwoofer, does the new one fit on the same mounting points. I need the space under the 2/3 seat, but i understood that your subwoofer 'fits under the 1/3 seat.
Last question: Do you ship international? If not, i will have it handled through one of our other US suppliers.

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
the clip os on the drivers side pillar up high close to the headliner. i use my handy snap on ******..... at least thats what i call it. i believe its called a cotter pin removal tool. you iust pull one side out first and then the other. i will try to find a picture of it somewhere. there is a video i posted with the removal of it. as far as international shipping, i dont have a problem with it, i always bill the actual shipping costs.
the fitment of the box is under the 1/3 side of the rear seat. i require 2 of your oem sub brackets though. so they will need to be shipped to me before i can build the box. do you have an amp and signal converter? or will you be using a sound processor instead?

fshol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the clip os on the drivers side pillar up high close to the headliner. i use my handy snap on ******..... at least thats what i call it. i believe its called a cotter pin removal tool. you iust pull one side out first and then the other. i will try to find a picture of it somewhere. there is a video i posted with the removal of it. as far as international shipping, i dont have a problem with it, i always bill the actual shipping costs.
the fitment of the box is under the 1/3 side of the rear seat. i require 2 of your oem sub brackets though. so they will need to be shipped to me before i can build the box. do you have an amp and signal converter? or will you be using a sound processor instead?

Where can I find this video/pictures?
I will also need amp and processor/convertor (please advise) and everything else that would be needed (including instructions) I thought that the second package that you selected could be the right solution, although we now speak of different speakers. Because of service over here, itmight be a good idea if i also take an amp from JL Audio, to keep it with one brand