Aries Bull Bar Installed on my Ford Raptor SVT F150

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lookin good

Across the top, there's a comfortable 26" available (at about a 3" height off the top of the bar; where the LED bar's top corners would potentially interfere with the vertical bars as they taper inward)

Across the bottom, there's a comfortable 30" available (right at the bar, since the vertical bars taper away from that point)

I think it looks great Jason... but I agree with the "Unfinished Look". RPrice said RI will make the LED bars any size you want... which adds some flex. I can see a nice fairlead with a hidden warn making that area look sweet too. Hmmm ... so easy when it is YOUR truck I am hacking up! <GG>

Babu

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Re: Aries Bull Bar

Heh I have always enjoyed hacking up others' stuff too. Virtually, I mean. It's good times ;)

I think the unfinished look is about to disapear shortly. See those brackets I posted a pic of? Much more detail on those in the next day or two :)

Stay tuned!

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Alright then, we're done.

1-2.jpg
2-2.jpg
3-2.jpg
4-2.jpg
5-2.jpg
6-2.jpg

We made two brackets out of 3/8" angle steel stock. Each bracket ended up needing to be around 10" long, then cut down in various spots to clear the bar, and the skid plate. And its all bolted together using grade 8 hardware. I think the truck will tear apart before these hooks give up.

I'm totally satisfied now. The "unfinished" look is gone, the hooks are back and better than stock, and the look is totally one-off. I'm one happy camper :)

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here's a quick couple of shots with the lights installed and the amber lenses on, to give you an idea at the completed package. I'll do a full writeup on that part tomorrow.

13.jpg

11.jpg

14.jpg

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lookin' GOOD J! I have to say though, I really liked the look of the skid plate, but I can see where it would hinder some of your ideas and fab work. Great work on re-locating the hooks.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Jason, you've finished the project off quite nicely - the results look great and I'll be those Lightforce beams are bright! I hope you're able to come to Raptor Run 4 so you can participate in the CandlePower Showdown at dusk!

Entrants include Brian, Chad, Tim and you. May the brightest lights win!

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jason, you've finished the project off quite nicely - the results look great and I'll be those Lightforce beams are bright! I hope you're able to come to Raptor Run 4 so you can participate in the CandlePower Showdown at dusk!

Sounds like you all may have to anchor Tim's truck down to keep it in place when he flips that switch!

frogslinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well you saved that one... as I read through the post I was going I like this install less and less... until I saw the final project which is great.

My only suggestion would be to pull off all the hardware and have it powdercoated to match the skidplate and/or bumper.

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lookin' GOOD J! I have to say though, I really liked the look of the skid plate, but I can see where it would hinder some of your ideas and fab work. Great work on re-locating the hooks.
Thanks FS! The skid plate really grew on me too, but I think this new setup is much more functional for my purposes. And the curve of the hook just fits really nicely with the curve of the bar. It almost looks like it was by design, like the skid plate obviously was.

Doh, Tim's gonna play? Not fair :mrgreen:

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well you saved that one... as I read through the post I was going I like this install less and less... until I saw the final project which is great.

My only suggestion would be to pull off all the hardware and have it powdercoated to match the skidplate and/or bumper.
Thanks frog. Sometimes ya gotta take a step back before you can take two forward :)

Powder coating is most likely in my future, but for now I'm going to use 'er and enjoy. I want to get out there and see how everything holds up and works out, before making it all too pretty :)