Are formers worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't have a pressure washer, are there any that work with an air compressor? Or is it only pressure washer or garden hose?

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm hooked on Adams detailer spray. It makes it so easy to rinse wet gravel spray right off the truck. The rain actually took care of it for me today.

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

maxx just the pressure from the hose is plenty for a former.

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't know of any for compressed air. I have the quart Foamaster Foam Gun from Autogeek which is similar to the Gilmour Foamaster Foam Gun. The Gilmour is the one being used in the video I posted before. Also a foam gun just hooks up to a garden hose and a foam cannon hooks up to a pressure washer.

You can do a quick clean like a touchless but you need to make sure you are using a good shampoo and have a good LSP on your paint that enables dirt to be removed easily. If you do use it this way I would dry it using a touchless method or make sure you are using some type of quick detailer as a drying aid.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know of any for compressed air. I have the quart Foamaster Foam Gun from Autogeek which is similar to the Gilmour Foamaster Foam Gun. The Gilmour is the one being used in the video I posted before. Also a foam gun just hooks up to a garden hose and a foam cannon hooks up to a pressure washer.

You can do a quick clean like a touchless but you need to make sure you are using a good shampoo and have a good LSP on your paint that enables dirt to be removed easily. If you do use it this way I would dry it using a touchless method or make sure you are using some type of quick detailer as a drying aid.

Thanks for the info bud, but what's an LSP?

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think I'm sold on a foamer, what brands are you guys using? Nickpic I would love to see some pics of your setup being used.

Does it work for a quick clean if you foam and then pressure wash it as a quick like a touch less wash? Thinking it could give a fast spritz if it was going to rain in a couple days. It always seems to rain in a couple days around here.

If its just dust or pollen yes it could be touchless but when its actual dirty it needs a full wash.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2