April 2012 FRF Raptor of the Month Contest...:"LANDMARKS":...

Best Landmark picture

• Phyguy

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • treypal

• ruffstuff

• Wilson

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • OregonSVT

Votes: 19 17.4%
  • sidram

• Humvee21

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • AngryBird

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Raptizzle

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • Fozzy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 11raptor6.2

• JP7

• ducatisps

Votes: 13 11.9%
  • TheJoker

• tango68

• pwjstruebig

• Badgerscab6.2

• kawie95

• Mayhem

• svt83

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • Hockster

• RAPTILE

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • EatsPrii

• dataustin

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • steele16

Votes: 5 4.6%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is tough! You guys are REALLY stepping up these photo contests. Bravo.

I'm gonna let my decision marinate for a while.

Mayhem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tough call...a much better turn out for this months contest ! Glad to see more participation. And already looking forward to next months contest. (err this months?)

That Khalifa tower pic is pretty rad... And theres something to be said about a picture of a Ford Raptor with that in the background.. hehe

The Tower was finished during the big economic crisis (poor timing) and was part of a multi billion dollar development which required billions of dollars in bailout money from.... Folk rich off of "Oil money". (Also worth noting, that a handful of Americans had very significant roles in the design and creation of this structure).

And the Raptor was being created by Ford who survived without bail money and took a gamble on a very niche project which succeeded. And Ford survived ! woo

Also funny that Raptor owners are pretty big fuel consumers... And definately helpin the Oil rich get richer. So that Raptor certainly symbolizes more than a cool truck in that image. All part of a relevant cycle of all kinds of complex influences.

Question of the day.. How many Raptor's life-spans on the road would it take to finance the Burj Khalifa's bailout debt! :p

Anyway... sorry for the rant I've just been reading up on some of the landmarks you folk have posted up to get a little more educated on what exactly I am looking at because I am having a difficult time picking based just on photographs.... Theres a handful in there that I think are really awesome. So I thought doing some reading might help sway me.

I really like the nature ones too, because of the whole Nature vs Machine appeal... Old vs Modern.. And The Raptor in it's intended elements... winning wherever it goes.

I like the implied "story" of an image with a mans truck in the wilderness. Those kinds of images are what sell trucks to guys like us.. lol

I may not know who I'm picking yet... But I know some of these pictures could be making Ford and the Oil bandits a few bucks!! Helping to push people on the fence overboard and into the Raptor owner club.

Kudos to the organizers of this particular contest too.. I think this months was very interesting... real eye opener to the diversity of various elements and places and heritage/history that the various Raptor owners on here are exposed to and unleashing these beasts in..

RAPTILE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oregon got mine, but I am irked at myself. I had a seller idea and never found myself thinking about it at the right time to do anything about it. Another day I guess. And, I might say that while I like Oregon's best, I think Raptile and Steele both had some darned cool backdrops. Just something about that old ship got me.

Maybe it has something to do with a piece of marine equipment that's stuck on land:fish_h4h:

Last edited:

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Damn, it's Raptile or 'Tizz for me... I have to look at them again later. Damn!

Status
Not open for further replies.