Anyone running water/**** injection?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajstar89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran Methanol/water injection on my STI. Loved it! It's simple and it works. The police in CA thought it was a windshield wiper thing. I had a few maps for my ecu on my tuner. On long trips I turned it off and just flashed back to a different map. IMO if you are supercharging go for it, if not it really doesn't bring much to the party.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Roush6.2

Reaction score
I don't suppose anyone would have a picture of this set up? Tank next to the Afco or Whipple upgraded heat exchanger? Still waiting for my HE to get here. Space sure is limited on these things. If I can't squeeze it in front of the rad next to the HE. I might have to go with a box mount.

Livernois Motorsports

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can see it now. Got pulled over for traffic violation. Officer asks what you have in the bed of that truck? I answer A tank of **** and off to jail I go....

Well, or he tries to "confiscate" it all

I don't suppose anyone would have a picture of this set up? Tank next to the Afco or Whipple upgraded heat exchanger? Still waiting for my HE to get here. Space sure is limited on these things. If I can't squeeze it in front of the rad next to the HE. I might have to go with a box mount.

I will have to dig through our pics of Key's build and see if we have any.

OP
OP
R

Roush6.2

Reaction score
[QUOTE
I will have to dig through our pics of Key's build and see if we have any.[/QUOTE]

That would be greatly appreciated. Still don't have the Afco HE installed. Recieved it on my last day off. Now I have to wait another 4 days.

Livernois Motorsports

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any pics? I'm interested in doing this to my truck.

here it is. I know it's not the best picture, but if you look on the Passenger's side of the intercooler, you can see a black tank on it. That is the methanol tank.

Attachments

• Raptor ****.jpg
    Raptor ****.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 143

raptor_qatar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here it is. I know it's not the best picture, but if you look on the Passenger's side of the intercooler, you can see a black tank on it. That is the methanol tank.
Would you recommend going with **** on stock block? I'm planning on getting the 6.6 in the upcoming months and adding **** as well but if I can get the methanol now the sooner the better. P.s. I'm running 3.375 on whipple

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm planning on it next year!!!!
If I can hookup with the Tuner and he's still willing to play.
As you probably know already, I upgraded to the 700 HP option, so that's about 100 HP more than I have been running the past three years.
And on cool days it's no joke, it's a whole different truck again.
But I do notice more HP % loss on 95+ days running the 3.250 pulley than I saw before with the 3.375 and 100 HP less setup. Even with the HD HE with fans.
So there is the need to cool down the hot air entering the compressor and keeping it cool all the way to the cylinder.

Pushing the stock engine beyond 700 FWHP is going to take baby steps now.
Even with a very good Tuner!!!

Last edited: