Anyone running no cats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Magnum PI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Running no cats does it turn on the check engine light? I'm out in Chicago and would love to do no cats as long as I can pass the emission test. Any info helps thnx.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Running no cats does it turn on the check engine light? I'm out in Chicago and would love to do no cats as long as I can pass the emission test. Any info helps thnx.

I can't imagine you'll pass emissions testing. Part of those test usually verifies emission control devices.

Some people have reported CEL with no cats. A tune usually gets rid of it. At one point my truck was driven about 800 miles with no tune loaded and the CEL never came on but I'm hesitant to say that's typical as it was being delivered from a nightmare of a dealership. For all I know the guy lied and or they disabled something.

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

10388-fms-website2.jpg

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The SW cats are Verry high flow you can see right threw them but I still took them off. Not much change in sound maybe a bit louder. With cat on I never had a tune had the long tubes ran and still do run e-30 when I took the cats off i had the tune on already and disabled the sencer right away.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The SW headers are much cheaper to buy with the cats and then purchase the delete pipes. Then once you pass emissions swap the cats out for the pipes. Then if you need to pass emissions again just swap them back around.

You will not pass emissions with a tune that disables the rear sensor. When they plug into the truck it will come up with an error/fault in the testing system

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's not that easy switching cats. If I'd have known what I know now I would have left my cats in. You can see right threw them with out light.

dkfc13

HPA Systems LLC.
Reaction score
I have tried to disassemble my SW exhaust a few times to reposition some of the sections and it is very difficult after they have been on the truck for awhile. I have tried PB blaster and pipe wrenches and nothing will get them apart.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have tried to disassemble my SW exhaust a few times to reposition some of the sections and it is very difficult after they have been on the truck for awhile. I have tried PB blaster and pipe wrenches and nothing will get them apart.

Muscle, patience, and patience. Lol. I should take a video the next time. You'll see me hanging from the part, wiggling it back and forth, with my feet pushing off something on the truck. Pain in the ass.

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

10388-fms-website2.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc