Anyone running a different throttle body when SC??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update guys. Tech had a little trouble fitting the bigger intercooler because I have some aftermarket lights under the grill and the Afco mounts do not directly match. It is on, but just took a while. Throttle body will not be on till next Wednesday. :( Sucks.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So why would you be against the monoblade on the Raptor?

Monoblade due to the rapid increase in flow even at very partial throttle can make it a little sensitive on light throttle. So for a DD in traffic it might not be very fun, on a mustang toy car it is on the other hand a blast.

OP
OP
Key

Key

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my guy at Livernois (while not flat out) basically told me that I should not put a new throttle body on my truck. I don't know what's up with that, if maybe Livernois already uses a cobra jet throttle body, or if livernois doesn't want to properly tune for a new throttle body.

mike.s

Reaction score
I have the Monoblade. I got it because it's supposed to give you the most hp/trq. I've had two tunes so far on the truck, and both have been not quite perfect and I believe it's related to the throttle body.

When I come to a stop at a red light, the truck will either, drop down to 600-700 rpm, then back up to 750. Sometimes it surges up to 800-900 rpm. And sometimes it fluctuates back and forth and then settles down after a few seconds. It's just a minor annoyance to me and not a big deal.

From my understanding, the twin 65mm tb does not have this issue.

I will be trying out a 3rd tune on the truck soon, and will let you know how it goes.

Roush6.2

Reaction score
I have the twin 65mm and have no issues. Not sure if it got me more hp's. Wasn't really expecting it to. It feels like it did. Won't really know till I put back on the dyno in the spring. Definately gave me better throttle response.

OP
OP
Key

Key

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Monoblade. I got it because it's supposed to give you the most hp/trq. I've had two tunes so far on the truck, and both have been not quite perfect and I believe it's related to the throttle body.

When I come to a stop at a red light, the truck will either, drop down to 600-700 rpm, then back up to 750. Sometimes it surges up to 800-900 rpm. And sometimes it fluctuates back and forth and then settles down after a few seconds. It's just a minor annoyance to me and not a big deal.

From my understanding, the twin 65mm tb does not have this issue.

I will be trying out a 3rd tune on the truck soon, and will let you know how it goes.

Tuning will not fix surging. That is the downside of the monoblade. I did my research after being a noob and posting on here asking about it. The guys at my garage would be ashamed lol

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Tuning can help with surging when using Drive by Wire TB's. Anyone that says it does not play a role will not go near any of my vehicles.

Tuning can help but there are other variables that come with all aftermarket components that can relate or cause issue with drive-ability and performance. Defects in the throttle body housing, electronics, gear set, throttle blade taper, etc.. can cause an issue. I've seen this with many aftermarket units, now what I can say is I have almost never seen an issue with the Twin 65mm or any other FRPP throttle except the Monoblade. We have gotten them returned by a customer because of stalling or idle quality issues. The Monoblade throttle body's allow for a massive amount of airflow at idle and cruise where the blade it barely cracked open. It is in this area that the Stall, "surging," or "rolling idle" can occur.

Most people do not have the level of software high enough to make adequate changes to the Throttle tables. SCT had different levels of software based on experience for ETC vehicles. With Electric throttle control comes great responsibility of a customers vehicle. You can say they are cautious as to who gets it. We have been the longest dealer with SCT, their first sign on in 2004. We have been tuning ETC tables ever since at the highest levels of their software. We have more insight and information than most and why we are able to provide some of the best tuning for our customers. Bottom line, some do not have the access to make the changes, some do not know how, and sometimes you just get a bum throttle body.

You can usually, feel a seat of the pants gain installing one of the Twin 65mm units. It looks like a million bucks compared to the stock twin 60mm, and most often doesn't require tuning!

JimIII