Anyone replace the cabin air filter on a '20 with the CF interior?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the help, everyone. :favorites13: It was making me really nervous with the amount of force I was needing trying to get it to pop with my 1" or so wide plastic trim tool. I was getting scary visions of broken carbon in my head. I decided to try the really wide tool (3") to see if spreading out the force would help. I tried it under the right side and the cf popped right off with moderate pressure. I didn't like how much pressure I was using with the 1" and it still wasn't popping loose.

I really didn't want to be the guy posting and asking you guys where's the best place to buy a new carbon fiber trim piece! I put a new engine air filter in also while I was at it. I figure I will replace both every 20K. The engine filter was shockingly easy. Now I just need to replace the brake fluid and I'll be done for a while. I bought a trim tool set about 10 years ago at Harbor Freight. They've come in handy a bunch of times. I see they are up to a whole $10 now.
https://www.harborfreight.com/trim-...iece-64126.html?_br_psugg_q=trim+removal+tool

1698275239863.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No kidding. At least the Gen3 is like pretty much every other car now where you can just drop the glove box and there it is.
I just did the one on my '98 V70R Volvo. All you have to do is remove both windshield wiper assemblies, take out about 10 screws that hold the cowl in place, then you work the plastic cowl out of the tight channel under the windshield, then you can open the lid and replace the filter. Super fun stuff. :banghead: The Raptor was a pleasure in comparison.

Last edited: