Anyone install Aftermarket Intercooler on their 2017 Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MadRaptor65

Reaction score
This is my first Raptor! I have been told that Aftermarket Intercooler will really improve the life of a Turbo Engine? I live in the Central Valley of CA. It gets very Hot in the summer! Any advice would be appreciated

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I do not believe this vehicle will require an aftermarket intercooler.

When you really start increasing boost, you sometimes need a bigger cooler, but on a stock truck, or just a stock truck with a tune, you should be fine with the stocker.

If you are doing slow speeds in the desert or something, maybe you could do an air to water setup or something that is better suited to slow speeds.

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I do not believe this vehicle will require an aftermarket intercooler.

When you really start increasing boost, you sometimes need a bigger cooler, but on a stock truck, or just a stock truck with a tune, you should be fine with the stocker.

If you are doing slow speeds in the desert or something, maybe you could do an air to water setup or something that is better suited to slow speeds.

The intercooler def needs to be relocated IMHO. Aftermarket bumpers/winches etc.

It's a very poor location as we've seen so far....both snow and mud.

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
There are few aftermarket intercoolers that have the pressure side pipe located near the top of the intercooler. This helps prevent having the condensate buildup passed through spark (misfire). The stock unit should actually be plenty... just needs a weep hole to evacuate the condensate.

OP
OP
M

MadRaptor65

Reaction score
Thanks for the response! I have been asked by an Aftermarket local company to let them have my truck for a couple of days so they can test fit parts and run test. For me letting them do these test they are offering me their new Large Intercooler and a Cold Air intake system. They are a well-known Aftermarket parts Company so I am cool with them doing the testing so they can design Aftermarket parts.

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for the response! I have been asked by an Aftermarket local company to let them have my truck for a couple of days so they can test fit parts and run test. For me letting them do these test they are offering me their new Large Intercooler and a Cold Air intake system. They are a well-known Aftermarket parts Company so I am cool with them doing the testing so they can design Aftermarket parts.

Make sure the driver side tube is near the top of the intercooler and have them guarantee that no intercooler condensate can get pushed in to blow out spark. That would be a gold mine design!!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc