Anyone Have A Black Roof?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robbys3m3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My roof is matte black...I think its a cool subtle mod to do. I ended up tinting the 3rd brake light right after though as it then stuck out like a sore thumb.

Attachments

• IMG_5704.png
    IMG_5704.png
    814.9 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
I have a couple rolls of satin black laying around, I may give free hand a shot this weekend.

I have to agree, may need some darker lights to blend in a little. I have 50% headlight on mine, curious if that would help blend.

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Roof is subtle but perfect addition. I gotta do that.

Good call on tailgate along with the edges of tail lights. It flows together quite nicely. One cheap thing that may blend stock tails in with vinyl is do the black edge taillight mod.

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Got roof vinyl ordered, shouldn't be any harder than when I did my hood and bedsides. I asked my wife what she calls make up that has black edges that go back on the eyes, she called them "cattails"... Is that what the headlight and tail light surrounds should be called?

For tailgate I assume they removed emblems before applying?

Last edited:

Mluis11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got roof vinyl ordered, shouldn't be any harder than when I did my hood and bedsides. I asked my wife what she calls make up that has black edges that go back on the eyes, she called them "cattails"... Is that what the headlight and tail light surrounds should be called?

For tailgate I assume they removed emblems before applying?

Yes on the emblems. I was going to leave them off to see if I liked the look, but the tailgate has holes behind the f150 emblem that showed through the wrap.

---------- Post added at 04:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 AM ----------

We had my roof wrapped satin black to go along with the bedsides and tailgate.

Man, this top view of those fenders and bedsides is sexy!