Anyone else have transmission failure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black Oval

Reaction score
Took my truck in for 100,000 mile maintenance, has 95,***. A week or so before I did this it started lungeing in 3rd gear, like a violent jolt shifting from 2nd to 3rd, and it had also been doing the hardshift into 1st when coming to a stop.

Told them to take a look at the tranny while they were doing everything else.

Calls back saying everything is toast and Ill have to do a rebuild. Anyone else run into this? A real hit to the wallet, for sure. Ive read a lot about F150 transmission issues but never any with the Raptor.

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Once or twice a year I get a really hard kick when either downshifting at a stop sign or downshifting on the highway. Like really hard. Scares the crap out of me.

Mine had a 5* tune on it for about a year.

Last edited:

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine is a real bad up shift from 1st to 2nd. It has done it since day one. I had it checked multiple times by the dealer, then could not find an issue. I also had the pan and valve body inspected, nothing wrong in there... sorta.. he he.

Now that I have 90,000 on mine, and it does it daily, I am just going to keep going til it goes down. Long out of warranty, so I am screwed when it does go, but oh well.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
...Calls back saying everything is toast and Ill have to do a rebuild. Anyone else run into this? A real hit to the wallet, for sure. Ive read a lot about F150 transmission issues but never any with the Raptor.

That's tough news, Black Oval. Are you having your dealer proceed with the rebuild? If you'd like me to look into ways to help, just send over your details in a PM. I'll need your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership.

...Now that I have 90,000 on mine, and it does it daily, I am just going to keep going til it goes down. Long out of warranty, so I am screwed when it does go, but oh well.

Keep us posted, Carl. When you decide to get this into the hands of your dealer, I'll be able to investigate some options to assist.

Crystal

OP
OP
Black Oval

Black Oval

Reaction score
That's tough news, Black Oval. Are you having your dealer proceed with the rebuild? If you'd like me to look into ways to help, just send over your details in a PM. I'll need your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership.

Crystal

Already fixed. I picked the truck up Friday. They had if for 1 week. I just brought it to the closest dealership to my house with the highest Google rating. I really dont like going to dealerships at all, had a lot of bad luck and poor care for my vehicles at dealerships in the past. Been wrenching on cars since I was 5 but with all the electronic crap they put on cars today I really didnt have a choice this time.

Ive got a 2 year unliminted mileage warranty on the rebuild.