Anybody DIY their Mid-Travel Kits?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Psirus7

Psirus7

Reaction score
All of them...
generally when we swap to boxed uppers and lowers we will at a minimum run a gusseted factory upright. Never had issues with the Brakes IWE, the hub etc.
Use a breaker to loosen caliper bolts, 4 bolts on hub etc before you smack the factory ball-joints loose so that parts aren't wobbling around when you try and bust them free.
Be careful not to over tighten the nut on the axel shaft that goes through the hub when you reinstall..it is small and has a low torque spec.
Sounds good! Did you run an IWE delete on most of your installs?

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
you kind of have to choose what your favorite maintenance item is... Replacing IWEs, or Replacing boots. If you run the eliminators, you will get good at doing boots. If you dont, you'll get good at replacing IWEs.

Or, spend the coin on RCV axles.

Or be like me, go 2wd and just whiskey throttle your way through the world.

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After seeing this thread...
I thought I would check these axles if I even go to mid-perch.
Not sure if helpful for a mid-travel (if more is needed beyond these) but sounded better than "stock" and was thinking may help with the boot wear/tear.

Kaled

Reaction score
Hey OP , remember my Gen 1 evil midtravel I’ve sent that to you guys ? I have the IWE eliminators since it’s required with the +2 Evil kit . Every now and then I check the boots condition if there is any tear , and I guess the front diff is spinning , some told me that it won’t set any load on the internals since it’s just spinning ..

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
you kind of have to choose what your favorite maintenance item is... Replacing IWEs, or Replacing boots. If you run the eliminators, you will get good at doing boots. If you dont, you'll get good at replacing IWEs.

Or, spend the coin on RCV axles.

Or be like me, go 2wd and just whiskey throttle your way through the world.
When in Doubt...Throttle Out..
We need to get your truck over here and get working on it before it goes west...

Kaled

Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply , haven’t done any off-roading since I’m mostly out of the country , I’m gonna do some reinforcement plating on the front frame bought from evil when I get back . Afterwards I will run the truck and test her out . Will update