Any tricks for smell of cigarettes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
we have some stuff to use in a fogger that really works wonders...had some apartments with yellow stained walls that smelled all fresh and new after paint/carpet/fogging....problem is the stuff is so nauseating i refuse to use it in my truck. i have tried automotive febreze, all the upholstery cleaners, leather cleaners...i just don't want to mask the odor with a smelly tree or something i wonder if there is a true solution to neutralize the odor without a perfume smell. i want to smell leather, un burned gas and hot exhaust.

shoepolishsmelling

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your probohly doing good right now but I won't allow my wife to smoke in our vehicles another thing we did do when she did is to empty the ashtray every time we left the car
think about what a cigarette butt smells like after sitting in your pants pocket all day it's just going to stew in your ashtray also

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Your probohly doing good right now but I won't allow my wife to smoke in our vehicles another thing we did do when she did is to empty the ashtray every time we left the car
think about what a cigarette butt smells like after sitting in your pants pocket all day it's just going to stew in your ashtray also

I throw that **** out the window :D :eek:. Hey Bo, that link gave me a good idea. I have some household cleaner called "Peroxy" it's a commercial carpet cleaner that uses Peroxide rather than harsh disinfectants. I might try that...the link says it's good stuff.

Other dudes: I have tried the Zep products over the years...they fall under the nauseating smell category but do work great. Thank you.

B

Bojangles

I throw that **** out the window :D :eek:. Hey Bo, that link gave me a good idea. I have some household cleaner called "Peroxy" it's a commercial carpet cleaner that uses Peroxide rather than harsh disinfectants. I might try that...the link says it's good stuff.

Other dudes: I have tried the Zep products over the years...they fall under the nauseating smell category but do work great. Thank you.

there was some interesting info in that link. for example, I didn't know that about smoke being attracted to light bulbs.

some of it sounded a lil' hippy-home-remedy-spirit-walker-ish but they're probably safer bets than chemicals if you're avoiding the chemy smell.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
hell yeah i almost wanna go try it now. the Peroxy stuff smells faintly like vinegar(smells like Peroxide) which to me is a pretty neutral, clean smell. i'm gonna go have a butt and try it.

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is why we take my wife's vehicle on road trips...she is the smoker in the family. Now on occasion she has ended up in my truck or had to borrow it. When that happens, the only thing that really helps is leaving the windows down for a couple of days (especially over night) and then hosing the interior down with "New Car" fragrances and armoring the dash etc. Now if the Raptor comes with a Cabin filter, change it.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
This is why we take my wife's vehicle on road trips...she is the smoker in the family. Now on occasion she has ended up in my truck or had to borrow it. When that happens, the only thing that really helps is leaving the windows down for a couple of days (especially over night) and then hosing the interior down with "New Car" fragrances and armoring the dash etc. Now if the Raptor comes with a Cabin filter, change it.

interesting point, i wonder where the cabin filter is, if it has one. i would usually soak the cabin filter in some deodorizer and then let the heat run for 10 minutes which would fog out the HVAC system.

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No cabin filter in the Raptor.

Eat beans and start farting. It's the lesser of two evils.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Get a skunk as a pet and take him in your Raptor. Once he passes gas you'll never smell the cigarette smoke again. You can get rid of the skunk smell with tomato juice.

Problem solved.

:mrgreen: