2024 Raptor Quality issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mleaky

Reaction score
I've had my '24 for two weeks.

Passenger rear door card pops away from the door by itself
Passenger front seat fan sounds like a sound bite from the Jetsons, that changes pitch as the passenger moves
Also have the tailgate appliqué that is loose on the driver side

OP
OP
R

rp2024

Reaction score
I've had my '24 for two weeks.
Passenger rear door card pops away from the door by itself
Passenger front seat fan sounds like a sound bite from the Jetsons, that changes pitch as the passenger moves
Also have the tailgate appliqué that is loose on the driver side
The fan on my driver seat sounded like you describe on my 2023, but fortunately on my 2024 it is not that bad.

CDub

Reaction score
Ive had small stuff happen to mine so far. I picked it up beginning of April and as of today only has 633 miles on it, with more tech these things are bound to happen it's just part of the game now. One of the interior sensors was bad where the car alarm was going off randomly, first I thought it was a bad battery but turned out to be the sensor. Other issue I have is the drivers side cooled seat the motor sounds like its going to overspeed, where as the passenger side seat sounds nothing like the drivers side seat. Here is a video of how it sounds. some times it sounds like its going to overspeed other times it sounds like an animal is in the back seat. and no air blows into the seat

Attachments

• 0.wav
    108 KB
  • 01.wav
    192.8 KB

NACHOMASTER

Reaction score
My 2024 had 300 miles on it when I was driving in the rain and water started dripping out of the speaker above the front passenger seat and onto my Racaro leather seat, staining the seat. A new seal fixed that problem.

I’m going in Thursday to have a rear bumper sensor replaced because it’s seeing things that aren’t there.

I posted in the shocks thread, not sure if mine are corroding or if it’s supposed to look the way they do.

Nothing major, it’s a great truck.

Last edited:

alibo70

Reaction score
Is there a fix for the speedo surround. I have seen 3 trucks with this issue now. Seems to be a problem with the mold over install error?

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is there a thread about the tailgate appliqué ? Is it a recall or TSB? My truck looks really good so far inside. But did have a door misaligned also that got fixed

GOTSVT?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I should take mine in for the rear sensor too. It always goes crazy when I put it in reverse.

RaptorJoe331

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a thread about the tailgate appliqué ? Is it a recall or TSB? My truck looks really good so far inside. But did have a door misaligned also that got fixed
it’s not a recall. Ford released a bulletin called the “Enhanced PDI”

Basically check the corners of the appliqué and see if they are not stuck down to the tailgate. It will be noticeable

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yeah i noticed that on my truck i just dont want to pay for it when i head to dealer or for them to think its my fault

doberman

Reaction score
There's probably more, but I've only spent 50 miles with the vehicle - one parking sensor is faulty and always is activated when in reverse, and the HUD is not focused properly so you see two overlapping images, offset by a few mm. I'm sure there's more...Great truck though. Coming from a 2021, the 2024 feels just overall better notably the transmission shifts are much smoother.