Another TPMS Question for 5+ Tires - Conflicting Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I guess I'm lucky that I can hot swap them.
I thought about what pirate wrote, but I had the take off tires and wheels on for Havoc in the Hills. That whole road trip was fine. Only time I had a light was when we aired down for the track.

Apparently the night raptor it's special, lol...

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess I'm lucky that I can hot swap them.
I thought about what pirate wrote, but I had the take off tires and wheels on for Havoc in the Hills. That whole road trip was fine. Only time I had a light was when we aired down for the track.

Apparently the night raptor it's special, lol...

Yukon Joe
GREAT LAKES RAPTOR EXCURSIONS

They changed the tpm system over the years so maybe it depends on year? I dunno. If it works, it works!

korbendallas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put 4 new wheel, tire and tpms combos on my '14. I did not program anything and have not had a warning after 300 miles on the new set up.

srs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those of you that went to 37's were you able to retrain TPMS to a new PSI limit so the dummy light didn't turn on?

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you run the tires under 38 to 40 psi., the light will come on.

You would have to pump up to at least 41 to 42 psi. and drive about 5 miles before the light turns off.

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I also have not had to train any of the new tpms into my truck, it even learned a tpms from another vehicle while it was at the dealership the last time, I wasted a tpms and had my dealership do some work to my truck but not replace my tpms, when I got the truck back the light was off, a little while later it came back on