Another BAK Revolver X4 Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NHbeast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks good and operates perfectly. Received two days after ordering and got a good price by mentioning this forum. Realtruck.com

Two problems.
1. Ramps and cargo accessories added to the time of install, they had to be moved.

2. Had an interference problem. The tailgate would not close. The gate hit the ends of the BAK rails.Scratching on the left and blocking on the right. Both sides of the tailgate were higher than the bed rails, more so on the right (pic). Had to loosen adjustment bolts on the gate hinge. Only the right side budged, just enough. Loosened the BAK rails and lifted a bit. Gave me just enough clearance for a good installation.

Attachments

• IMG_2148.jpg
    IMG_2148.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

spg993tt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone know if BAK sells some kindof flap that then goes over the back area where the cover goes over the tailgate?thats the area where most get some leaking. a rubbery flap there might alleviate that issue.

OP
OP
NHbeast

NHbeast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone know if BAK sells some kindof flap that then goes over the back area where the cover goes over the tailgate?thats the area where most get some leaking. a rubbery flap there might alleviate that issue.

Mine came with a gasket that seals against the closed tailgate. Closing the gate compresses the gasket. It shouldn't leak. Mine hasn't or, at least it hasn't shown up yet. We've had some real deluges lately, no leaks noticed.

Nothing back there can get damaged by water. All my gear is in cases or doesn't care if it gets wet.

bak-79203rb-bi-05.303.jpg

spg993tt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, i have that gasket. i think the water is working its way along the right or left sides where the gasket isnt. i think the water sits on the tailgate top, works under that flap which and then runs against that gasket and works it way left or right and then there is pretty goo dopening. one of my issues i park on slight downward slope so when it rains water sits against that gasket and then flows left or right and dribbles in. if you look at the covering on the very right or left where it sits on the 'track', there are no seals, gaskets just that top piece/flap laying on the tailgate.

Mine came with a gasket that seals against the closed tailgate. Closing the gate compresses the gasket. It shouldn't leak. Mine hasn't or, at least it hasn't shown up yet. We've had some real deluges lately, no leaks noticed.

Nothing back there can get damaged by water. All my gear is in cases or doesn't care if it gets wet.

bak-79203rb-bi-05.303.jpg