GEN 2 AMSOIL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:beatdeadhorse5:Pretty sure I've been reading this same subject for the whole year I've been on here...and agree with @MadMaxx...just pick a good brand.....
More important is doing regular changes...not the name of the oil....Just pick a well known Syn. Brand and change it way sooner they they suggest...
I got 300K out of my company van using regular motor oil,but did change it every 3000 for 20 years..:33:

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish the Mercury Mistress was still in production.

https://dai.ly/x1ti1l
OMG,thats TOO FUNNY..!! and for sure I'll never let my GF see it,she is jealous of my Raptor already,if she sees that she wont let me go in the Garage alone anymore..!!

BTW...been looking at your photo for months now and ask....how the hell do you get out of yours with driver door against wall....ya got a right hand drive Raptor....?? Dont tell me you climb over the seats...LMAO.....I thought I had a tight fit.... :)L1220172.JPG

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OMG,thats TOO FUNNY..!! and for sure I'll never let my GF see it,she is jealous of my Raptor already,if she sees that she wont let me go in the Garage alone anymore..!!

BTW...been looking at your photo for months now and ask....how the hell do you get out of yours with driver door against wall....ya got a right hand drive Raptor....?? Dont tell me you climb over the seats...LMAO.....I thought I had a tight fit.... :)View attachment 139807

I remember watching that clip on SNL with my wife and we were howling. It’s one of the greats.

I backed the Raptor in a few times at the beginning and ya I had to climb over the centre console. I drive in nose first so I can get out no probs. Always good to have a tight fit in the garage pun intended.

What’s under the cover?

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here’s a UOA Amsoil SS 5000 miles. Probably gonna go 10000 kms (6200 miles) next oil change. The oil life gauge is aligned with this OCI also.

EDIT: previous UOA is Rotella T6

View attachment 139776

Your saying the truck is reading along the same oil life left as the report is?

I was just looking to blindly change every 5k with Amsoil SS. But figured it might be premature. Unless I do the analysis, I rather err on the side of caution.