air intake better gas mileage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
new to the site and to trucks, so i just got my 2010 6.2L raptor and im getting about 12-13 mpg city and around 16-17 highway... question is has anyone found to get better gas mileage with an air intake and if so what one do you use? i am trying not to mod the truck too much but if it helps with mpg i might as well get one... ALSO it must be 50 state carb/smog legal (stupid CA laws) thanks in advance and cant wait to see if you guys and gals are getting better MPG!

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
if you're getting 16-17 on the hwy you can't really ask for much more! I average 13 mpg on the hwy and 9 around town.

OP
OP
Danactive

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
Ok I've been driving very conservative still getting used to driving a truck versus a car so the more comfortable I get the lower I feel that gas mileage will go lol

OP
OP
Danactive

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
any suggestions on good carb legal intakes? i was thinking volant due to the enclosed case but to me it seems to be a fancy stock airbox anyone with personal experience please feel free to post pics and chime in!

Gassdoc

Reaction score
Nope, mine got worse since my left foot likes the sound of new AFE CAI and SW exhaust! That's also w the 5 star 91 perf tune, but hey what's gas but a bunch of dead dinosaurs right?

Last edited:

Jay.gordon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
W28HE.gif

Contact Mike @ 5Star tuning....word around here is, he's the man when it comes to Tuning and adding a AFE Stage II CAI....also he is a FRF Vendor.

Reason why I would recommend them...they have Economy tunes that could help...

Got a 6.2L V8 Raptor

I run Mike's 89 Econ tune with an aFe CAI, Kooks 1 7/8in Long Tube Headers with a Borla Exhaust. I put the CAI on first with the econ tune and saw a decent change. I went from 12ish with stock tune to 13.3-13.5 with the CAI. When I added the headers it didn't change much, I stayed at about 13.5. When I added the Borla Exhaust my average changed to 14.5. This is resisting every urge to crush all who enter my field of view because I can. The combination of the three will change you Raptor for the better. It's not cheap to do all at once but it's well worth the output change.