Air Impact Wrench.....Try cordless and never look back!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mil T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My question is what are the various foot lbs of torque for these cordless ones. I have a friend that owns a muffler and trailer hitch shop and he swears by his Snap on but they are a bit out of my league for price. Do we have a comparison list of these cordless ones for price and torque values?
Mil T

OP
OP
M

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My question is what are the various foot lbs of torque for these cordless ones. I have a friend that owns a muffler and trailer hitch shop and he swears by his Snap on but they are a bit out of my league for price. Do we have a comparison list of these cordless ones for price and torque values?
Mil T

Most of the better cordless half inch models run around three to four hundred foot pounds of torque. That is enough strength for anything on a Raptor in my opinion. Milwaukee, DeWalt, and a few others are all well made and run in the low three hundreds. Now the Ingersoll Rand W7150 is a level above and runs mid four hundreds but can put out 1100 ft lbs of max torque . A good air impact wrench will pump out at least seven hundred foot pounds of torque so it's about twice what the average cordless can do. However you usually don't need that kind of power in most cases for our vehicles. Just can't do without one if you do any routine work on your truck. You will throw away those socket wrenches believe me.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The ryobi is only 200ft-lbs but with a $100 price tag can't be sniffed at, especially if you already have a few of their other tools on the same battery system.

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm getting one of the Milwaukee Fuel 1/2" cordless impacts. They have 700ftlbs to tighten and 1100 ft lbs in reverse. I already have the fuel series hammer drill and 4 1/2" grinder so just the bare tool isn't bad. I think 240ish gets just the tool.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm getting one of the Milwaukee Fuel 1/2" cordless impacts. They have 700ftlbs to tighten and 1100 ft lbs in reverse. I already have the fuel series hammer drill and 4 1/2" grinder so just the bare tool isn't bad. I think 240ish gets just the tool.

I love my Milwaukees. 1/2" impact, hammer drill, standard drill and Sawzall. I also like the fact that you can just buy the tools and not have to have different batteries for each one. I have brought the impact on every Run I've been on, and its been used countless times.

And yes the Milwaukee Impact is 700 ft. lbs.

003-8.jpg

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Obviously a cordless impact can not air tires up, but would you rather run a 20v cordless or an air operated off a CO2 tank?

I know different tools for different purposes but if you were going to buy just one?

sabumaru

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you have a compressor i would go with an air impact wrench

But the set bigblue posted would be a very nice electric options

Both have pros and cons
I think its down to what you like/dislike

Baddkarmaracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have a compressor i would go with an air impact wrench

But the set bigblue posted would be a very nice electric options

Both have pros and cons
I think its down to what you like/dislike

I have a compressor and carry an air impact but it only works for quick bursts, if you are going to run an air impact it would have to be off a CO2 tank to be very useful. I borrow my dads electric snap on impact when I go offroad because the air one is almost useless