Air Conditioner not blowing cold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

memheli

Reaction score
So I went to use my AC for the first time this week and found that it's not blowing cold. My experience in the past has been most likely this is due to the system being low on gas.
I do have the extended warranty - so I'm hoping this is covered. I wonder what other's have experience with the AC system leaking or otherwise failing. Hoping to get her to the Dealer next week for a check.

As a side note, I have a cracked windshield that I'll be getting replaced at the Dealer as well...unless someone can give me confidence in using a third party to do this. I've had some 'other' glass in vehicles before and found the visual quality to be sub-par. I''ve also experienced pretty crummy caulk work around the window that frustrated me so I'm thinking the Dealer may be the way to go here just to save myself some frustration.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my ac went out 3 times. first time was he compressor. second time was the cooler.the frame it sits in fubbed a hole through the aluminum. 3rd time same thing but in a different spot.

as far as glass goes, i have mixed results. safelight replaced my windshield and it was fine. they replaced my back glass and had an issue. kind of a big issue. it didnt get sealed and it leaked. so a new headliner, new carpet, new amplifier, and new airbag and it was fine......

OP
OP
memheli

memheli

Reaction score
my ac went out 3 times. first time was he compressor. second time was the cooler.the frame it sits in fubbed a hole through the aluminum. 3rd time same thing but in a different spot.

Well I hate to hear this. I'd hoped the system would last a couple of decades but it sounds like I'll be lucky if it last 5 years without needing another thousand thrown at it to keep it working. Labor, parts, gas...sounds expensive per incident.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
9 1/2 years old, no problems with AC so far, knock on wood.
I will add that mine is a street king.
Obviously if your off-roading and mud surfing things are going to happen more than someone that is all street.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the ac compressor was a couple hundered bucks. the cooler is about $120. you can do the work yourself. filling the ac cost me a 6 pack at my neighbors shop. but first i would find out where your problem lies.
Well I hate to hear this. I'd hoped the system would last a couple of decades but it sounds like I'll be lucky if it last 5 years without needing another thousand thrown at it to keep it working. Labor, parts, gas...sounds expensive per incident.

Stepside

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Almost 8.5 years and no AC problem
BUT
I did replace the passenger 'blend door actuator' and it was a PITA to do.

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've been sorting through A/C issues last few years . First reduced air flow from ADD bumper , i had on that blocked half the grill so faster you went hotter it would get . Last summer It would blow warm at idle 70 deg. once rpm picked up it will cool to 50s. Replaced TXV valve first . No change , then replaced compressor because pressures were low at the correct charge. No change in cooling. Gave up for winter .Next was condenser change which not looking forward to , I got new condenser and looking at where filter drier goes on side , i decided to to pull apart and look ,then looked at my truck i could pull that out of my old condenser with out removing it from truck . So i changed receiver drier and desiccant bag . Old filter was plugged with black particles . Since doing that i have 35 deg or so out the vents but still warms up at idle to like 55 deg . not too bad. defiantly drivable without sweating . i also cut a square out behind glovebox and checked evaporator it was very clean . Installed a new blower motor this spring it started making a bearing noise on shutdown . This winter i will be replacing the condenser i have suspicion it plugged internally. Its working decent for now in AZ . See next week supposed to be 117 lol

Attachments

• ac.jpg
    ac.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 31
  • drier.PNG
    drier.PNG
    171.9 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
9 1/2 years old, no problems with AC so far, knock on wood.
I will add that mine is a street king.
Obviously if your off-roading and mud surfing things are going to happen more than someone that is all street.
You live in New York it doesn't get hot there. LOL J/K your hottest day temp is what ours is at midnight.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Agree,
But it gets hot here, 100+ days with 90 to 100% humidity.
Plus sitting traffic for hours just to go 20 miles is a strain on the Raptor keeping cool that's for sure.