Against my better judgement, I broke down and installed KO2s....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AbnMP13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
....actually, 37/12.50/17 BFG AT KO2s on "0" offset ProComp 5035 wheels. My truck is on mid-perch, but no hammering, cutting, yadda, yadda. I was very apprehensive, but I got a killer deal on both the KO2s and ProComps, that I couldn't resist. How did it turn out?

Looks great, helped convince me to go with 37's on my OEM wheels.

NJStangersJonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
....actually, 37/12.50/17 BFG AT KO2s on "0" offset ProComp 5035 wheels. My truck is on mid-perch, but no hammering, cutting, yadda, yadda. I was very apprehensive, but I got a killer deal on both the KO2s and ProComps, that I couldn't resist. How did it turn out?

Txuuaz.jpg NdS7Oj.jpg vrU07u.jpg 7Is4B8.jpg

I love it! I'm not a huge fan of all black wheels, but they have grown on me.
Is there any rubbing? With the wheel cranked in an off camber situation, it will slightly rub. I've trimmed the corner off the inside of the fender flare at the back of the wheel well. That was the only place where a lug could catch the flare and potentially rip it off....but only when turning. I've since bombed down some of my favourite old fire roads and no rubbing at all. But that is pretty much the extent of my off-roading....severe articulation on a trail and/or jumping will definitely create major contact but only at the rear corners of the fender...everywhere else there is quite a bit of clearance. For a street queen, there would be no issue at all. Come Spring, I'm going to create a bit more clearance at the rear corner of the fender...but it's good for now! Hope this helps someone pull the trigger!

I've also been living with my AMP Research PowerSteps for the entire Summer and they have been fantastic. I find they really help clean up the lines of the truck and tuck out of the way. We'll see how they do this Winter with slush/snow build up, but I'll be diligent about keep them clear of crud so they don't seize up.

***EDIT - I would not attempt this with any other 37" tire as the BFG K02 seems to be the dimensionally shortest/narrowest of 37/12.5-/17 tires. For example, the Toyo M/T is much bigger and has a more square profile so it would most definitely rub everywhere without at least moving to the top perch and 'glass fenders.

Looks great man! I'm planning on those same tires and wasn't sure I could sneak those 37's in without having to make further upgrades but it looks like it's definitely possible!

OP
OP
Ramrodthrusterpuppy

Ramrodthrusterpuppy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What happened to the original posters pics??

Imageshack was down for a few days so no image hosting but they are back up now!

Thanks guys for the kudos! Someone asked me if mine was the same truck that posted previous gen 37" BFGs on OEM beadlocks with the RWL out...yes, that is my Winter set-up and they work great, no rubbing at all with OEM offset (+34)...

I1K7Dw.jpg

Pic was also with the OEM running boards before I punched a hole through one!

Reagansa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great. I've been stuck between these KO2's and the Wrangler MT/R's. I've also been debating the 37's v replacing at stock sizing. Mid perch was already decided. Glad to hear the clearance is good, with slight mods, maybe. I see you have the spare mounted in the bed. Hadn't gone that way myself.
I just haven't crawled under to look. Any idea if the 37" spare would fit in the under bed location?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Ramrodthrusterpuppy

Ramrodthrusterpuppy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just haven't crawled under to look. Any idea if the 37" spare would fit in the under bed location?

It's tight, but a 37" spare will fit. I only run the TireGate in the Summer and pull it off to run the OEM gate in the Winter with a Bakflip F1. Otherwise, the salt here would destroy it.

Thanks!

Reagansa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Then a decision has been made. Thanks for the original post and help. The truck does look great. With winter on the way and the original treads wearing thin I've needed something to help me finally decide. Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ramathorn178

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good man. Im actually looking at those wheels right now too now that i see they are $284 for set, weight is a minor concern for me though.

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great. I think I'll consider getting a set of 37's for my truck and moving the stock 35's to my jeep.