Aftermarket Guages ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Hole Shot

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There here
352411fb51c9809ca3520b44049505c5.jpg
072846955ffbb32e8367ccb137312090.jpg
can't wait to get them in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Here ya go: Two screens from the UltraGauge.

Will the UltraGauge show oil temp? I am trying to find one that will.

Torque on a android... nope.
GoPoint on a iPhone... nope.

I haven't had much luck finding one. The 6.2L in the F250 seems to have a oil temp PID setting but not the Raptor.

Anyone know of one that will read the oil temp?

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Sry, what is PID?

They are vehicle specific plugins for the Android app "Torque".

Torque OBD2 Wiki

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

No sir, but it does show coolant temperature.

Thanks... I doubt any OBDII device will show it. I have GoPoint for the iPhone and it shows coolant as well. I'd like to see the oil temp so I guess it will have to be an aftermarket gauge...

The "Gauge Mode" on the Raptor is a big disappointment. There is plenty of room for oil temp, pressure, voltage. Hell, Ford could have put a TPMS for each tire as well...

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The "Gauge Mode" on the Raptor is a big disappointment. There is plenty of room for oil temp, pressure, voltage. Hell, Ford could have put a TPMS for each tire as well...

No argument there. Ford had a lot of options and apparently took the price-point approach.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks... I doubt any OBDII device will show it. I have GoPoint for the iPhone and it shows coolant as well. I'd like to see the oil temp so I guess it will have to be an aftermarket gauge...

Just curious why you're so concerned with oil temp? It's going to correlate with coolant temp, and you'll run into issues with coolant hitting too high a temp before you will on oil temps. I'd be more concerned with monitoring oil pressure than oil temp.

I do agree the gauge mode is garbage. They really dropped the ball on the trucks with that. The mustang gets all kinds of goodies with miniature drag racing trees in there and all kinds of stuff, and we get 1 measly line for trans temp lol

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Just curious why you're so concerned with oil temp? It's going to correlate with coolant temp, and you'll run into issues with coolant hitting too high a temp before you will on oil temps. I'd be more concerned with monitoring oil pressure than oil temp.

Actually I want one that will read oil pressure, voltage as well as oil temp. There doesn't seem to be a solution to cover all readings so my only choice in an aftermarket gauge... and personally for me I don't want to go that route.