AFE Intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MadRaptor65

Reaction score
Installed afe, 170 thermo and 5 star tunes today...so nice!!!
I am interested in the AFE 170 thermostat. Do you have any video of the install?
Can you see a visual drop on you Cold and Hot gauge? Or did you take before and after Temp readings?
Thanks in advance.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have just some shots I took from behind the truck after wondering if there was a leak ect I noticed things potentially had shifted and maybe why it's getting abit extra drone or louder then supposed to be. Tomorrow I will know I'm adding a few light bars and will have this addressed at same time. Definitely not sitting right as these pics show.left side out further
Oh man. That's ****** up.

Did they do any welding? I wonder if it's the adapter install? Something def wrong good that you caught this.

OP
OP
Ecoop

Ecoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Madraptor - piece of cake, 3 bolts 8mm and pull old thermostat out. There is a gasket that goes on the other rim of thermo, just swap it and stick new one in. Refill tank and good to go. Took about 3/4 of a gallon. On my ngauge I was running about 176-181 today and it was 96 outside.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh man. That's ****** up.

Did they do any welding? I wonder if it's the adapter install? Something def wrong good that you caught this.

Yeah something is def up there. That is absolutely the drone you are hearing if you have a leak. Especially if it's big enough it won't be a click.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgiven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im really considering the Stage 2 by AFE. Anyone know really the difference between the INJEN CAI and AFE? Quality etc...

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im really considering the Stage 2 by AFE. Anyone know really the difference between the INJEN CAI and AFE? Quality etc...

I know a few guys went the injen route over AFE, not sure why. I haven't even seen the injen intake couldn't find it on their site.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing I have noticed over the past week is my shift points in sport are ******! Thing feels like it's slamming into gear on the 5-6 shit and hard in all others. Going to try and reset the truck and see what effect that has.

King of cars

Reaction score
5 star tuning carries the injen intakes, I believe it's for F150 eco boost and is compadable with the new raptor. I've only seen them with the stock on there web page . I've contacted Injen and asked if they have one for the raptor specific and they said no. However 5 star works on these raptors a lot They claim it fits well. The thermostat was a easy install I did with SPD when they did my adapters also. I went with the roush intake and it's arriving this week.

Last edited:

King of cars

Reaction score
I gotta say borla customer service is over the top. These guys listened to all my sound clips and said there's defiantly something not right and will send me a new system pay to have it installed as well pay for my original install. Chris over at Borla you rock and your dealings is incredible. Put the truck on a hoist today found a little issue and will know tomorrow am if this was causing my issues however borla doesn't seem to think this would cause the sound I was getting from the system.below is a pic of what I'm hoping was causing the drone and louder set up.

Attachments

• IMG_0026.jpg
    IMG_0026.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 69

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I gotta say borla customer service is over the top. These guys listened to all my sound clips and said there's defiantly something not right and will send me a new system pay to have it installed as well pay for my original install. Chris over at Borla you rock and your dealings is incredible. Put the truck on a hoist today found a little issue and will know tomorrow am if this was causing my issues however borla doesn't seem to think this would cause the sound I was getting from the system.below is a pic of what I'm hoping was causing the drone and louder set up.
That shifting is weird. At least we know it's not your installer.