Advice with Americas tire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wender85

Reaction score
Hello all!! Looking for some advise. The day after thanksgiving in AZ to visit family from CA i went to discount tire to buy a new set of KO2s. First they snapped one of my locking lugs and they made me drive it to a shop to have it removed. The shop had to drill out my stud and replace it. But in the process they tried to use an air hammer to remove it and it destroyed my beadlock capable rim. Once i made it back to discount tire they said they would buy me a new rim. Obviously i was a little upset but sometimes shit happens. I asked the manager if he could over see them installing my rims back on and verify the kids torquing my lugs. Shortly i look over and ask a kid why is he using a hammer to hammer the socket on to my lugs? He said his sockets wont fit. I found the manager again and told him what is going on and told him his employees destroyed all my lugs. He told me he would buy me new lugs. Still a little upset i told him ok but can he personally check the toque on them as i didnt trust his employees. He said he did. I left shortly after to drive back to California. 2 days later i have to drive to San Diego which is 3 hrs one way for work. On the way back from SanDiego I started to notice my truck felt it was shifting strangely i pulled over and noticed two lug nuts were missing. I slowly drove to o Riley and bought a set of lug nuts as i was about to take off the rest of the old ones I noticed they were extremely loose! I then checked all the lugs and i was able to to unscrew them all by hand. Long story short i called the company and told them what happed and i could of died. Then told them some of the damage it caused. All my wheel weights were missing and the missing lugS dented the other rim, rotor damage ect. They said their insurance company would contact me. They never did. I took me calling 6 times and having USAA call them to scare them a bit for them to contact me back. They told me to take it to the dealership and give them a work up for the repairs. I did and it is still currently there waiting for review. My question is should I continue to play along or do you all think i should sue?

0FDB7378-5182-4690-A75C-5BEA2DC05D77.jpeg

326ABD31-A1BE-49DA-9158-71DEF9E309A5.jpeg

E45BA958-E9AE-46E7-8B42-5D0B9D48A0C5.jpeg

raptor ghost

Reaction score
oem lug nuts are notoriously squishy and deformed easily. were these the ones that came from factory? i dont even think they can handle two tire rotations. (i had to use two different sockets) at 11k miles to remove them and switched them out for gorillas. bummer about all that damage and plus it was super dangerous to your life to have re-used the already damaged nuts. the torque check would have been way off.

sounds like the manager and tire jockey had no experience. at the very least you might save someone else life in the future by making sure such incompetence isnt permitted to reoccur

Zilla

Reaction score
Hello all!! Looking for some advise. The day after thanksgiving in AZ to visit family from CA i went to discount tire to buy a new set of KO2s. First they snapped one of my locking lugs and they made me drive it to a shop to have it removed. The shop had to drill out my stud and replace it. But in the process they tried to use an air hammer to remove it and it destroyed my beadlock capable rim. Once i made it back to discount tire they said they would buy me a new rim. Obviously i was a little upset but sometimes shit happens. I asked the manager if he could over see them installing my rims back on and verify the kids torquing my lugs. Shortly i look over and ask a kid why is he using a hammer to hammer the socket on to my lugs? He said his sockets wont fit. I found the manager again and told him what is going on and told him his employees destroyed all my lugs. He told me he would buy me new lugs. Still a little upset i told him ok but can he personally check the toque on them as i didnt trust his employees. He said he did. I left shortly after to drive back to California. 2 days later i have to drive to San Diego which is 3 hrs one way for work. On the way back from SanDiego I started to notice my truck felt it was shifting strangely i pulled over and noticed two lug nuts were missing. I slowly drove to o Riley and bought a set of lug nuts as i was about to take off the rest of the old ones I noticed they were extremely loose! I then checked all the lugs and i was able to to unscrew them all by hand. Long story short i called the company and told them what happed and i could of died. Then told them some of the damage it caused. All my wheel weights were missing and the missing lugS dented the other rim, rotor damage ect. They said their insurance company would contact me. They never did. I took me calling 6 times and having USAA call them to scare them a bit for them to contact me back. They told me to take it to the dealership and give them a work up for the repairs. I did and it is still currently there waiting for review. My question is should I continue to play along or do you all think i should sue?

View attachment 136114

View attachment 136115

View attachment 136116
They F’ed up my Z06 as well. I was there for 5 hours and they chipped two rims, installed the wrong tires and 3 of 4 tires went completely flat on my way home. I looked up the GM and president and complained to them. Those employees shouldn’t be working on $100k Cars. I will never go back there again. $100 more to order tires online and have the dealer install them.

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like an incompetent tire place.

How long have you been waiting? Ball in Discount/America's Tire?

If you think they'll pay for the dealership to replace/fix the issues just stay on them so it doesn't fall down the cracks.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Different tire store this time. The other store was Discount Tire.

First, he says it was Discount Tire in both threads. (Please reread his first post in this thread, NOT just the title) Second, he uses the exact same words and pictures to describe a story that is not a common occurrence on this forum, so it stands out.

While I agree, he get a really bad deal from DT, there is no need to post it twice with two different titles.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tune in tomorrow for the new titles! "Advice needed on wheel damage from chain tire store??", that can be followed by "Bastards wrecked my wheels!", with the sequel, "Need help ASAP with installer caused wheel damage!" :cool: