Adding torsen front diff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikev0831

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2020 801a. Didn’t realize the difference between torsen diff and those without. Now I’m trying to figure out if I can just buy the torsen diff and have it installed, using my current ring gear. Ive been trying to search and can’t find anything to confirm. Attached is the diff I believe is what I’d need to order if this will intact work. I live in upstate NY and it would be nice to have in our deep snow

Attachments

• IMG_9108.png
    IMG_9108.png
    410.2 KB · Views: 19

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably if you're going to do any crawling. The Torsen didn't impress me as much as I hoped.
Most people break things crawling with a locker, esp in FRONT because they don't know when and more importantly when not and HOW to use it. Whereas a torsen works well enough for the masses who erroneously try to "unbind" with the skinny pedal.

As a side note, I'd not classify a raptor as a "crawling" vehicle. Could you, sure, but it's kinda like using a C0ND0M. It may get you there safely in the end, but there are MUCH more satisfying tools to use to take the journey (full disclosure, I AM a grandpa).

Last edited:

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Most people break things crawling with a locker, esp in FRONT because they don't know when and more importantly when not and HOW to use it. Whereas a torsen works well enough for the masses who erroneously try to "unbind" with the skinny pedal.

As a side note, I'd not classify a raptor as a "crawling" vehicle. Could you, sure, but it's kinda like using a C0ND0M. It may get you there safely in the end, but there are MUCH more satisfying tools to use to take the journey (full disclosure, I AM a grandpa).
I know. But when you decide to have one vehicle be your daily, your fun toy, and your camping machine, you make compromises.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter