Added Applique To Non-applique Tailgate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's painted the same color as the fender flares and bumpers. I've heard people call it matte magnetic.
I noticed that Fairway Ford calls it black in their Ebay listing, but it's grey in the pictures.

It is definitely the same color as fender flares and bumper, not black. And i bought mine from Fairway on Ebay, factory item.

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

So, can anyone think of a way to fasten this, but still be able to remove it in the future without damaging the paint?

I doubt it. Mine was 2 part epoxied on, and I do not know whether or not dealer sanded some to promote adhesion. Good news about epoxy is that the dealer placed the adhesive around the edges. This sealed the appliqué to the tailgate, so I do not get water running out from behind the appliqué that others complain about when I wash and dry my truck, BONUS!!!!

Last edited:

Homer Jay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, can anyone think of a way to fasten this, but still be able to remove it in the future without damaging the paint?

Double sided tape would work but not sure you would want to be putting it on and taking it off all the time. Likely damage the appliqué. Plus you will have a big hole where you removed the Ford logo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robbinsraptor

Reaction score
Did you have to drill any holes on the tailgate? A friend of mine added his but drilled two holes.

Attachments

• IMG_2304.jpg
    IMG_2304.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_2305.jpg
    IMG_2305.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_2306.jpg
    IMG_2306.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

Pankster

Reaction score
Added appliqué to my raptor! I think it looks so much better! Shave down the tabs and get you some 3M VHB Tape 5952 and the thing isn't going anywhere!

Attachments

• IMG_5114.jpg
    IMG_5114.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 83

ChevTillNow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So just curious did all of you guys at first not want the applique so you ordered your trucks without it? And then later decided you wanted it after all?

I suppose I'm probably in the minority who prefers the truck without it. But I did change out my blue Ford oval which I think looks like crap to a paint matching one.

On a side note. It would be interesting to see the applique on an 18 with the Ford stamped F-150.

Pankster

Reaction score
So just curious did all of you guys at first not want the applique so you ordered your trucks without it? And then later decided you wanted it after all?

I suppose I'm probably in the minority who prefers the truck without it. But I did change out my blue Ford oval which I think looks like crap to a paint matching one.

On a side note. It would be interesting to see the applique on an 18 with the Ford stamped F-150.

I would have ordered the applique but I found my truck used with 800 miles so I took it as is!

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Quite the opposite. I wanted the appliqué, but found my truck without it below MSRP, so I bought the vehicle and added it a few days later.