Accent lighting install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PJF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it was rainy today so I thought it was a good time to install my blue LED accent lighting. I thought about buying the OEM light kit but didn't want to pay that much for accent lighting. So I did what other FRF did and ordered 5 Prewired Motorcycle LED Modules - Super Bright, Plug and Play :: Motorcycle LEDs which totalled around $20.00. At first I was going to wire them to the dimmer but had trouble finding the exact wires. Then it hit me. I could use one of my free Aux Switches. I ran a 18 gauge wire from the Aux Switch under the front drivers and passenger side then under each seat. Then I ran the wire up to the center panel that has the three switches that operate the back glass and sun roof. I took it apart and found that the flat LED fit perfect inside using the 3M tape that comes with the LED. Because of the panel being about an inch deep you can not see the LED when in the Front or back seats. It shines straight down on the center console. My Raptor has the blue accent interior. So the blue lights shining on it looked awesome. The lighting was not too bright. Just right. Here are some pics but they really dont do justice. Overall it wasnt hard at all.
photo_1 (4).jpg
photo_2 (5).JPG
photo_3 (3).JPG
photo_4 (1).JPG
photo_5 (1).jpg

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks cool, I am fixing to order me some for the foot wells. I was hoping you had done the cup holders. I am trying to figure out best way to go about doing.

OP
OP
PJF

PJF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks cool, I am fixing to order me some for the foot wells. I was hoping you had done the cup holders. I am trying to figure out best way to go about doing.

I didn't do the cup holder. With the led installed in the module where the sunroof and rear window switches are located shines down on the cup holder. Looks awesome. No need to do the cup holder but that's my 2 cents.

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I didn't do the cup holder. With the led installed in the module where the sunroof and rear window switches are located shines down on the cup holder. Looks awesome. No need to do the cup holder but that's my 2 cents.

You might be right, how many did you use for the footwells? If one is that bright I wonder if I could use the same little pods for the side vent mod too.

Sent from my dumb apple products my work makes me use.

turcoman35

Reaction score
NICE!

Do you know if the place you purchased the lights from can match the teal color thats on the knobs?